Snail mail is mailing a letter or card instead of sending a text, email or message on Facebook or Twitter.
Why, you ask, why would you do this? It’s so expensive; it’s time consuming, its old fashioned!
Call me old fashioned but I think It’s amazing!
I have to admit, I do not do this nearly as much as I use to but I’m working on getting back to this!
I know people who are very artistic and their cards/letters are super colorful and are such a joy to get! I know people who are like me and have no artistic abilities whatsoever and their cards/letters are such a joy to get!
Do you see it… Cards and letters A R E such a JOY to get!
Here are some reasons why you should send/give Cards and/or letters as often as you can.
- It makes a difference. Seriously! This is one of the best and easiest ways of Spreading Joy I know! You will make their day brighter!
- They can enjoy it over and over again. Many will. Someone dealing with a chronic illness will keep the card close as it is an encouragement to them! It will encourage their heart day after day!
- It will flood your heart with great joy! I know….. greedy of me to send you a card isn’t it, but I promise you, it’s true. Any time we are doing something for someone else, your heart is warmed by it.
- An amazing Ministry – many people feel that they don’t have gifts, talents etc. You can have an encouragement ministry – especially to the sick, elderly and even the everyday, ordinary people that just need some encouragement. It’s a great way to minister to those in your world.
- Are you artistic? Do you know calligraphy? Lucky you! You can use all those amazing art supplies, colorful pens and stationary that I know you are hording!
- Sending cards and letters is like sending Love and HUGS in the mail! Especially for kids and others you don’t get to see often. My children don’t live near me anymore so I try to mail them things often and I honestly feel like I mail them love and hugs when I send them cards.
- Sending a card/letter to someone reminds them that they matter, that they are important and that makes a huge difference to people.
- With all the junk mail in your mail box, wouldn’t be exciting to find something fun? Think of that as you send off your letter to someone.
- You can turn a normal day into an extraordinary day with one stamp. Priceless
- Small children home? Write to them. Let them get it, open it and enjoy it – and then have a special place where you put it for them to keep. An album, one of those cute book boxes or treasure boxes. Before you know it they will be 25 and this will be such a gift.
What are some other reasons you can think of to send a letter? Do you send snail mail? Do you reach out to people other than just Christmas?
Do you decorate your envelopes with Envelope art? Ohhhh to be able to do that! We’ve been sending the children of Spreading Joy birthday cards and they LOVE it! We’ve invited children in South Dakota to JOYn our Birthday Club and it’s growing! People love getting positive Snail Mail! SEND SOME Today!
When is the last time you sent a letter? Will you get into the habit of sending one?
Are you artistic? Do you sketch and if so would you be willing to write 10-15 letters a month to our SJC Kids? I’ll give you their names, age & a monthly character building word and you could decorate the pages and write an encouraging letter. I’d love to be able to send them one monthly so we’d love to have about 30 volunteers or so (depending on how many letters you each could do a month.) You’d write them all out and send them to my po box and then I’d mail them. Here are some examples of what I’m talking about.
Please email me by commenting below and let me know that you’d love to be part of the team of amazing artists to encourage these kids.
More of what I’m talking here on Pinterest
and here are a couple below:
© 2016, Spreading Joy. All rights reserved.