We’ve (and by we, I mean YOU and me) been Spreading Joy to children that are going back to school since August of 2009! Almost 30,000 items have been handed out over the years because of people like you with a heart to help others and hearts were encouraged in doing so. I’m thankful and feel so grateful to be able to help bring joy to these children when they return to school each year!
As you enjoy your summer, we at Spreading Joy are working to get items together to give to children that will need help with just the basic school supplies.
We need your help.
We can’t have another successful year without you. You’ve always made a difference for these kids and we hope you’ll continue to do so this year.
We want your hear to be flooded with great joy as you make a difference for children going Back to School this year.
Last year were were able to hand out 400 Bags filled with 16 different items and several of those items, such as pencils, pens and colored pencils were Complete Packs! Last year a Mom in need was instrumental in helping to hand out the bags. Her world was falling apart but for just 3 hours, she and I focused on others and helped them.
Helping others in your time of need will help YOU more than you realize.
We are asking you for donations to help give Basic School Supplies to children. 100% of your gifts will go to this project. There are no salaries that will take your money as we all volunteer….yes – even me. There are no fees that will take your donation because I personally cover all the operating expenses for this charity because I want you to give knowing that your gift is helping someone!
Will you help us to give the following supplies to 600 children this year?
- 3 Spiral Notebooks
- Bottle of Glue
- Pack of Pencil
- Pack of Pens
- Bottle of Hand Sanitizer
- Pack of Colored Pencil
- Pencil Sharpener
- Pack of Loose Leaf Notebook Paper
- 3 Pocket Folders
- Pack of Index Cards
- Glue Stick
- Pencil Holder
- Brand New Back Pack
- And of course some snacks, including Reese’s Cups YUM!
When you give these supplies, you are giving more than you think. You are also giving:
• Mile Wide Smiles
• Heart of Gratitude
• Motivation for tomorrow
• Encouragement for today
• Hope for a bright future, because “someone” cared
• Pride in a job well done
• Eagerness to use awesome supplies
• Pure Delight each time they unzip the bag and remove the supplies
• Courage as they realize that even though they aren’t certain about tomorrow, today looks very clear
• Enthusiasm for others as pure joy is spread all around
• Awareness to a child that may otherwise overlook those that are even less fortunate than he/she is
How can you help?
- Give – Any size financial donation will be huge here! Mail your gift to Spreading JOY Corporation PO Box 1771 Denver NC 28037 or use the PayPal Button in the top right corner to safely donate!
- Spread the Word. – Post this page on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other Social Media sites.
- Challenge others to give! Tell them you are giving $20 and send a challenge for them to step up and make a difference.
- Start a collection of supplies. If you are out of the area, it may be pens and pencils so that shipping won’t cost a ton of money. If you are in the area, get your entire company involved and see what you can collect from the list above.
- If you are a blogger, tell your readers about this! Write an article about making a difference and share that they too can help these children.
- Collect donations for us using Razoo.com – Visit their site, watch a short video about fundraising for this cause and then set a goal of what you’d like to collect. They will provide a widget for you and a tracker for the amount you are trying to reach. I know your heart is thinking “What if I only collect $10-100 of my goal” – then that will be $10 we didn’t have before you started helping us. Seriously, don’t let “what if” keep you from trying.
Will you Make a donation? Will you invite others to do so?
Will you make a difference for someone that absolutely cannot do anything in return for you?
Thank you in advance for Spreading Joy with us!
Here are ideas to help you find some extra money to donate:
1. Have a yard sale and donate half to Back to School
2. Assign a $ value to chores around the house and tell the children when they do the chores, you’ll make a donation in their Honor. Let me know the donation is in honor of your child and I’ll send THEM a card thanking them.
3. Have your child help another child and same as above. If it’s from your child, I’ll send them a thank you card as well.
4. Trade up lunch for helping a child. Yep – pack yourself a pb&j and donate the $10 you’d spend on lunch
5. Have game night at home with homemade pizza. Donate the cost of dinner and a movie to this project.
6. Host a fundraiser using Razoo and put it on your blog for others to donate. Or host a fundraiser any way you’d like and donate the proceeds.
Have fun Spreading Joy and Making a WORLD of difference for Kids going Back to School
© 2015, Spreading Joy. All rights reserved.