**Please NOTE this Ends 2/7/2017** What happens when a bunch of business owners get together in the face of a difficult time for a friend? Well, you're about to find out. You see Crissy Herron lost her mom over Christmas, very unexpectedly. Of course it's been a very hard time for Crissy and family, and she hasn't had time to focus on work. So her friends Kelly McCausey and Angela Wills stepped in to help set up a great bundle sale, inviting business owner friends with awesome products & programs. The Great Big Life & Biz Bundle was born! Crissy is the host. Many incredible offers available. All for ONE price. Get it here They've set the price at just $19 but you don't get one product for that, you get ALL OF THEM. Over ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS worth of lifestyle and business expertise for one low price. This is an offer not to be missed! Here's what you'll find inside: - The Kindle Challenge - 3 Day Momentum Intensive - Business Graphics Class - Ultimate VA Business Planning Blueprint - Outsourcing Kickstart Bundle - Look Good to Feel Good PLR Pack - Newsletter Starter Kit - Google Analytics Client Care Kit - 28 Day Fit & Healthy Jumpstart - Createspace Intensive - One Month at Mom Webs Hosting - Master PLR $20 Discount - Party Plan Magazine - Lifetime Access - Above & Beyond Customer Service - Get Visible On Facebook For Free - And Attract Your Ideal Clients - Outsourcing for Podcasters - 60 Second Video Rockstar 7 Day Challege - Find Your Ideal Virtual Assistant - Advanced Strategies For Getting More Clients - Sugar Repair: 6 Week Program - Money Manifestation Simplified - Get Happy Now Toolkit - Start a Business on a Thread Budget - Learning to Use Images to Boost Your Business - 4 Key Pages Your Business Website Must Have - The Solopreneur's Guide to Thriving: Create a Season of Amazing Growth for Your Business - Making Room for Happiness: Tips for Clearing Clutter & The Busy Woman's Daily Planner© - Healthy You PLR Club - Creating Powerful Devotions Phew... Just a few awesome things there. This package has a total real value of $1313.89 ... unbelievable! Go here to grab this and find out more >>> Great BIG Life and Biz Bundle
Would you be willing to write children every month and encourage them?
Knowing the power of getting an encouraging note in the mail, we want to use that to be a huge encouragement to the children of Spreading Joy!
In 2016 we started sending each child a Birthday Card with an encouraging note. (Thank you Sarah!) The children absolutely loved it! You may be reading this and think it’s such a small thing but trust me when I say, this is H U G E!
Please consider volunteering for this!
Here is what will happen:
- Fill out the form below and let us know your information
- We will email you their names and age (8 children a month) so that you can send age appropriate encouragement.
- You’ll write them either with a card, stationary, post card or just regular paper, put their name on it and a stamp (if you can do so) and then mail all of them in a one larger envelope back to me at PO Box 1771 Denver NC 28037
- I will get your letters, address them and drop them off in the mail.
- The next month you’ll get a different set of names. Our goal is to have you write all of our children. We have a core group of about 80ish.
Yes, you can include a book mark and/or a few stickers. Just make sure it would be ok with one stamp.
Anyone can do this! You can make this a family affair! Order pizza, some stickers and have an evening where everyone writes every child! Can you imagine how surprised these children will be?
What do you think? Will you use this as a means of Spreading Joy to others?
Can you draw? Are you creative? If so, you could make your letters look like some of these. (Check out the cool letter art)
If you’d be willing to write children every month, please use the sign up form below and let us know!
If you cannot write to the children, there is an easy way to impact hearts with us. Would you consider mailing us some cards, stamps and/or stickers? It would help tremendously! Thank you in advance for helping in any way you can!
Thank you for Volunteering for Spreading Joy! Thank you for changing lives with Spreading Joy!
Thank you for caring! You are ahhhmazin at Spreading Joy to Others!
** If you are on your mobile phone and want to volunteer, please use THIS LINK http://eepurl.com/cxB-uf
Walmart Beauty Box
Subscription boxes are such a huge thing lately! I knew there were lots of them but I had no ideas that there are literally Subscription Boxes for anything you’d like. (Probably, I mean I’m assuming here but seriously, check out the hashtag #subscriptionbox and wow, you’ll see what I mean.)
And why not!?! In an age where no one sends snail mail anymore there is typically nothing happy happening in our mailboxes. Besides, with all the junk mail we get, mailboxes full of bills and other dreary things this is a wonderful way to brighten your day!
Before I give you the amazing details of this box, let me say right here that they have NO clue I’m even doing this! I’m sharing this with you because you can do this for yourself
B U T you can also use this as a means of Spreading Joy to someone else and it is VERY Affordable.
The Walmart Beauty Box comes out quarterly. Just 4 times a year but for the cost, you absolutely cannot beat it. HERE is the Spreading Joy part — You can even G I F T a subscription for the same cost! You need to know their birthday (including year) but you can send someone this gorgeous box of goodies F O U R times a year and brighten their day! It’s easy to set up once you’ve set up your account.
Here are the contents of the FALL Box for this year! I absolutely LOVE it! and the PRICE… I love that even more. I know…you are dying to know! (I’m waiting patiently on my Winter box! I am super excited!)
The Walmart Beauty Box is F R E E!
YES! you read that right. You only have to pay for shipping costs and that is just $5! Now you see how this can be a great gift for someone!?!
Who in your world could use a pick me up like this? Who could you gift this to so that they get some happy mail just or no reason? Who could use some encouragement?
Who would love to try some samples of larger products? I know I do, especially for hair care because I have the frizziest hair of all.
Think about it – You could gift this to yourself and 3 others for just $20 a quarter! Spreading JOY is so much fun isn’t it?
You know I love giving away things! It’s the Spreading Joy part of my heart, I just cannot help it.
Tell me who you would gift a subscription to and WHY – and then ONE of you will win a One Year Subscription for that person! I’ll choose one random person. Make sure you can provide me their birthday. I’m mail them a nice card and let them know that you nominated them and they won.
Give Away Ends: 1/20/2017 at Midnight!
What are you waiting for, go…sign up! https://beautybox.walmart.com/
Do you subscribe to a monthly gift subscription? If so, what is it (if you don’t mind me asking?) Have you ever gifted anyone a Subscription Box?
Dear Walmart, thank you for making this such a fun, affordable thing! I love you for that.
*I’ve not received anything in return for this article. I’m spreading joy to you by introducing you to something that I think many will love. I’m thankful for Walmart and their ability to provide such a cool quarterly mailing at a super reasonable price.*
What are you expecting this year?
You don’t have to look far to know that many people are spending a lot of time wondering what this year will hold for us.
I don’t have a crystal ball and wouldn’t really want to know.
A new year typically draws us to reflect on the past year. I’m no different. I love a New Year, new opportunities, new adventures and new things that in my wildest dreams I would never expect. Many people do struggle to be positive when a new year rolls around. I have that issue sometimes too. I struggle with wishing I could have done more, given more and made more of an impact the previous year. I feel guilty for not doing more.
Here at Spreading Joy, we tell people (and myself as well) that Spreading Joy is doing what you can with what you have. I understand the guilt that comes with “I wish I could do more” and hate when it creeps in my heart. I have to focus on the fact that we took everything that was given to us and did what we could with it. I have to focus on the facts of the previous year while I’m waltzing into the brand new year.
I know there will be circumstances that I absolutely cannot change but there are something that I’m expecting for this upcoming New Year. (This was the encouragement I shared at our recent Christmas Joy Event.)
- Kindness – I will be kind. I will do random acts of kindness as well as acts of kindness on purpose. I will continue to spread joy daily and will share the things I do so that maybe it will inspire you to look around at the resources you have and do the same. To get the latest tips, suggestions and ideas, follow along on my Spreading Joy Journey here: http://instagram.com/spreadingjoyandlove
- Compassion – I will be compassionate. If we are honest, every single one of us needs help at one time or another. Compassion is a precious gift that many are denied.
- Positivity – I’m typically the positive one of the group. Always looking on the bright side, finding the good etc. I do struggle with depression and there are a lot of times I have to force myself to be positive. I get it. With so much of the news and Social Media channels full of negativity, I’m going to purposely find and share positive things and be positive.
- Fun – We have to work, we have to provide for our families but we need to make sure we schedule some fun! It doesn’t have to be expensive as there are so many free things every community has for people to take advantage of. Bring fun into your day on purpose. I’d love to hear the ways that YOU bring fun into your day!
- Inspiration – I will be sharing stories of others using what they love, their talents their gifts to make a difference. I have already started sharing those on the site. If you know of someone using the little things in their world to make a difference, would you please share with me? Read the previous inspiring stories here:
- Character – I want to surround myself with those that have a great character. You know things that they do when no one is really looking. I want to surround myself with this so that I can continue to grow and be a person of great character. Are you teaching your children this or do they hang out with those that belong to the mean girls/boy club? Do they stand up with the bullies? Have you asked? Have you had a discussion about bullies in their school?
- Respectful – People that respect nothing often feel they are entitled to everything. I’m looking for those that are just absolutely full of respect. Respect for their parents, the authority set above them (yes, teachers and law enforcement), respect for those around them, respect for property that doesn’t belong to them. It’s huge, it’s powerful. Surround yourself, your children and your family with those that are respectful
- Encouragement – I will be encouraging where I can be. I know life isn’t always a bed of roses. Usually it’s full of ginormous thorns, but there is still the ability to be encouraging. We can change what we can and find the good in the rest. While we are going through life’s up’s and down’s be encouraging!
- Loving – I will be loving and surround myself with those that do the same. So much hatred is flying through Social Media these days and I’m choosing to not engage with it. I’m not.
Again, there are a lot of things that will happen this year that I don’t expect. I can’t control that and will meet each one head on and fight through them.
One final Thought:
Let the best in you bring out the best in others!
— Marie Wikle (@spreadingJOY) January 8, 2017
What are you going to take control of this year? What are you expecting out of this year?
Are you going to let go of negativity? Are you going to embrace respect and those around you that are respectful?
What are you expecting? What are you teaching your children to look for and expect this year?
Some of this will take work because negativity is so abundant these days. Question is, are we willing to work at having a good year?
What is Christmas JOY you ask?
Besides the obvious JOY of giving, loving and being together with family and friends (near and far) it’s an annual event that we here at Spreading Joy have every year.
We couldn’t do it without your help and the help of so many amazing people that are just oozing compassion and love!
With your help of spreading the word about our annual Christmas Joy Event, financial donations and volunteering, we are able to host a Christmas party for many families that need some help with gifts for their children.
We take the year and round up toys (thank you for your monthly donation!) and keep an eye out for amazing deals that will benefit the families we work with.
With your help we pull together food, drinks, desserts, snacks and some fun smaller toys for the kids to enjoy during the evening!
The candy store you help us to provide is the favorite of most everyone! This year we had 31 different candies for the children to drop in their bag. They were able to get several pieces of each one.
Keep in mind; it’s not about changing the world with your millions of dollars and endless resources. It’s about making a difference with the resources you have right here…right now. What will you do with what you have?
Thank you for helping us to change lives, we couldn’t accomplish a single thing without your help.
Onward to the party!
Before the kids arrived, we put stuffed animals out in the chairs so that the children could go ahead and have them too. (Thanks mom for that amazing idea! I love that we are spreading joy together!)
The food was provided by Olive Garden and a sweet family provided all the hot dogs that the children and the volunteers enjoyed.
The kids were given a super cute reusable bag with a brand new Bible, Art kit and then as the evening progressed, filled it with stickers, crafts, candy from the candy store and then the little items we had for them to choose from. (as pictured below) They hear the Christmas Story and have fun with their crafts and getting candy!
While the children are having fun, we take the mom’s to a separate place where I share something encouraging with them and then they shop for their children.
With your help we were able to let each mom choose 5 gifts to take and wrap for Christmas Morning. That’s pretty awesome! You guys are amazing!
After the cards were made, the candy was placed in their bags, we brought the kids over and let them get a toy to take home and enjoy now. They were all asking about then when they got there. Made my heart smile! A simple yet enormous gesture that is only made possible by the generosity of you and so many who make this event possible.
This party is to allow these families to step out of the hustle and bustle of life and have fun for a few hours. Everyone needs to do that don’t you think?
We usually have a tiny gift for the moms, sometimes we don’t have anything for them but they never complain because they love having toys for the kids. This year we gave them all a couple of nice necklace and earrings sets from The Joyful Jewel Junkie A N D we were surprised with a generous donation from Verizon. 21 Families received a brand new smart phone! Talk about being giddy with excitement! I was so thrilled and they were too!
They were so excited to get them! So many of them said it was a wonderful upgrade from their current phone and were beyond grateful for this generous gift!
Isn’t it amazing all that we accomplished because we all pulled our individual resources together! We all cared, gave, spread the word and asked for help. I cannot begin to list everyone that helped but I wanted to highlight a few people. If I forget anyone, it isn’t on purpose, it’s because I’m old and forgetful!
Verizon Wireless – thank you for the amazing gift to these families. I already love you and love your Hopeline program!
Clark Nexsen – thank you for collecting toys for us! You are always so generous to help out!
Iron Mountain (Charlotte Facility) – thank you for collecting toys for us and bringing them to us! Your generosity amazes me!
Gastonia Dodge – thank you for collecting toys for us! Without your focus on older children we would have certainly ran out of items
Olive Garden Gastonia – thank you for the spaghetti, salad and bread sticks! Thank you for allowing us to put angels on your tree! The gifts you collected were incredible! This is such a special treat for these families!
New Grace Baptist Church – for the use of your facilities, volunteers and love of Spreading Joy
Beth Haven Baptist Church – for Collecting toys, volunteers and your love of Spreading Joy
I want to extend a huge thank you to all of the individuals that gave a financial donation to enable us to purchase toys, candy and little treats for the kids. You’ll be getting cards from the children and some photos!
Thank you to everyone who worked to collect toys! Those who asked for help and shared all of the Social Media Posts!
Thank you to everyone who came and volunteered your time! So many hours are invested in this event and there is absolutely no way I could ever pull of something of this size by myself. YOU are Spreading Joy Heroes and I’m so honored to make a difference for others with you.
Thank you to Angie Blevins, who constantly works behind the scenes throughout the entire year to write and ask for donations. I am so thankful for your help, love and compassion for others. You are a gift to Spreading Joy and I’m thankful for you!
Remember, working together with our individual resources made this happen! You are important to so many! You may never know just how much you impacted the hearts of these families but know that you have made a huge difference!
Keep looking for ways to make a difference!
Keep Spreading Joy and being kind!
Thank you for Spreading Christmas Joy with us! Thank you for changing lives with us! Thank you for acting on the compassion that lives within your heart! Thank you!
Want to see more photos and cards? Yes, you really should! Please visit the following places and see the impact that your heart for others really has!
I hope you’ll like our pages and follow along with us in 2017 because we will show you the things we are doing each to spread joy and make a difference!
*I’m honored to be a brand ambassador for Verizon Wireless. Any and all opinions about their services, products and such are completely my own. I occasionally receive items to review in exchange for my honest opinion. I’m so thankful for their Hope Line Phone program for Women in need.
Where is the gratitude
We are an ungrateful people. We are. (and by we, I mean me….just being honest with you) We gripe and complain more than we should. Or at least I do. I’ve been dealing with a horrible bout of depression and it sucks the happiness, thankfulness and energy right out of my soul. It’s a horrible thing to say the least and then you layer on the negativity, thanklessness and such – it turns into a vicious cycle. There isn’t any obvious reason for the depression, it just is what it is and let me assure you, it’s anything but pretty.
We are raising a generation of entitlement filled spoiled brats that have zero respect for anything and it’s a shame. Many feel that they should have the best of everything given to them without having to be responsible for their actions or work for what they want.
Those of us that have what we want, need and desire are super ungrateful much of the time. (Just being honest here because no matter what we have, we want more.)
Where is the thankfulness? Where is the gratitude? Where is the kindness?
It doesn’t cost us a single penny to be kind, thankful or grateful! Not one!
Instead of always looking at what we don’t have, can’t get or desire, why not take time to focus on all that we do have? Many people in this world would love to have half the things that even the poorest American has and yet we gripe and complain on the daily because we want more.
- We have a loving mom (or dad or both and step parents) that love us and yet we complain how they don’t provide us with more “stuff.” There are so many who don’t have this luxury and would give up all material things to be loved. It amazes me the number of children that are being tossed away (literally) abandoned, ignored and yes, even murdered by those that are supposed to love and take care of them.
- We have a roof over our heads but it’s not nice enough, big enough, in the best place etc. There are so many homeless people, and I’m talking people that work but simply cannot make ends meet, so they live in their cars, a shelter or on the street. They would love to live in a tiny home that isn’t great or in the nicest neighborhood at all.
- We have a vehicle to drive and sure it’s older, doesn’t sound great or look great but we aren’t walking every single place we need to go.
- We have food in our pantry and sure we may have sandwiches more than gourmet meals but we get to have them. It’s staggering how many people and children go to bed hungry because there isn’t enough food
- We have our health and yes we struggle with diseases, chronic illnesses or even mystery illnesses that no one even remotely knows that it is or how to treat it (been there, done that, you can have the t-shirt) but we have a chance each day to make the best of it and encourage each other through it. I know this is awful and often worse than horrible for many people who are fighting cancer, depression, and other disorders but can we take a little time each day to be grateful for some goodness that surrounds us? Something?
- We have our jobs and so many of us would love to not have to work at all but that is never going to be the case for us, so we need to find the good in it or fine one where we can find the good.
- We have so many little things that make our life big but we let the sadness and discouragement of the day steal the joy of those things from our hearts. I could literally list 100 things right here but will include a link to my Ginormous List of little things that make our life big.
Have you considered taking time to list out 3 or more things each day that you are thankful for, or things that bring you joy and happiness or something that made you smile today?
Have you thought of having a gratitude journal where you take just a few moments daily to write out a positive affirmation for yourself, your day and on the days that are extremely difficult you’ll have something tangible that you can hold and read to remind your heart that it’s going to be ok.
I know life is hard. I understand having issues you face on a daily basis. I understand medical issues that toss your whole world upside down and I understand the struggle with depression, discouragement and having times where no matter what you do you just feel awful.
B U T – I also know that every single day there is something to be grateful for, even if it’s just the love that someone shows me.
How are you teaching your children to be grateful? Do you give them everything they want or do they have to earn things, show respect and be responsible?
Do you have a gratitude journal? Need a little help getting started? Here are some writing prompts you can use to get your mind going in the right direction.
Now, you should be expecting this last question – what 3 things are you thankful for today? Big things, little things, simple things….. anything.
Where is your gratitude? Is it covered up by the daily ick that we all battle? Do you try to dig it out?
If it encourages just one person it is time well spent.
I believe this with all my heart do you? In our quest to make a huge impact, we forget about the O N E person that had their heart encouraged. We forget about the ONE person that smiled because we cared. We forget about the O N E person that decided to make a difference daily and then those hearts were inspired to do the same and so on and so forth.
Don’t forget about the O N E person because that matters!
That brings me to someone that is super crafty and using their talents to make a difference.
Are you the crafty type? If so, let me say right now that I’m super jealous of you but in a joyful kind of way.
I am not crafty, I’m not artsy but I want to be even though I know it just will never happen. You, on the other hand, might be so let me inspire you here just a little to use those talents for Spreading Joy to others!
It thrills me today to be able to introduce you to someone using their craftiness to make a difference.
Check out how this person is Spreading Joy to those around them.
I hope that you’ll follow along on this journey of joy and encourage them by liking their posts.
Instagram: Threads for Smiles – with a lot of string and a passion to make a difference, they create projects to lovingly send out into the world.
If you find one of their amazing gifts, I hope you’ll tag them on Instagram and thank them. Use #urlvd
Look how they are using their passion to bring smiles to the hearts of others!
Go, follow them on Instagram and be INSPIRED! Be reminded that the little things matter and that you can impact the corner of your world!
Do you make neat things like scarfs, hats, gloves? Are you crafty in this fashion? Will you consider using this gift in this kind of way? If you do, I hope when you share on Social Media (and please do share because you never know who you will inspire) that you’ll use the #spreadingJOY hashtag so that I can share what you are doing with others!
Think about what you have around your home that you could use. Think about the things that you LOVE to do and are good at doing and how you can use those things for Spreading Joy to other people.
If you just aren’t sure, leave me a comment below listing things you like to do, are passionate about and I’ll work with you on some ideas for making a difference! Would be my honor!
How are you using your craftiness to Spread Joy? I’d love to know. Share via Social Media using #spreadingJOY hashtag.
Have fun Spreading Joy Daily!
We know that Christmas is a special time for so many. We also know it’s a painful time for those who have lost a dear loved one recently. We also know many people dread it simply because they cannot give their families what they would love to.
My heart thinks about all those families that were affected by major flooding in West Virginia, Louisiana and North Carolina.
If you remember, we went to West Virginia with 2 truck loads of help and the devastation we encountered was heart breaking.
As part of our Annual Christmas Joy Event this year, we want to include the Children of West Virginia. We want to remind them that others haven’t forgotten even though the media has moved on. We want to fill hearts with Christmas Cheer and hopefully remove some of the overwhelming sadness and possibly dread they are experiencing.
As we prepare to help the children here and there, we’d love for you to partner with us. Donations are low this year and anything will be a tremendous help.
We are going to bring the children (and parents) in and feed them, have them write notes to the children in West Virginia that will be receiving the gifts and do some crafts and such with them. They will receive gifts themselves, as well as shop in our candy store.
Please keep in mind this year that we have zero paid employees, so your donation does’t go to a salary. The Mr. and I make donations to keep the administrative needs covered, so your donation doesn’t go to that either.
Many people are concerned with their donations at Christmas and rightly so.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Make a financial donation – Every donation is huge here! Click the paypal button or mail it to us! The info for both of those are in our side bar at the top!
- Send stickers – The children will be writing letters to encourage children who have lost everything! Please send all kinds of stickers! Christmas, love, smileys! Any kind!
- Send $10 McDonald’s or Wal-Mart Gift Cards – We have several older children and these will be a wonderful gift for them.
- Please consider sharing this page daily! Share on facebook, share on twitter, share with friends individually!
- Ask others to get involved with a personal email. Point out to them that their donation doesn’t support a salary, it supports families in need.
- Consider donating items that children would love. Maybe you own a store, or shop that has items these children would love.
- Come volunteer with us. We’d love to have you!
Imagine having your child having lost every favorite toy they had. Imagine starting all over. Imagine wondering where the gifts will come from.
Can you imagine?
Thank you for Spreading Joy with us!
Thank you in advance for your gift!
Thanks for using your voice! It’s a powerful thing!
Thanks for Spreading Christmas Joy with us!
Sticky Situations can be inspiring!
Sticky situations are not always fun but today; I’m excited to introduce you to something that I think you will love.
I love sticky notes. I love all shapes, sizes and especially the cute ones that are shaped like something.
I love jotting things down on them to help me remember what I need to do because I’m old and forgetful, I love leaving encouraging notes on them to make people smile. I just love them.
I came across Michael on Instagram with his sticky notes of encouragement! I absolutely LOVE them and love how he is using this to make a difference in the hearts of others!
His company is called My Sticky Quotes and they are Spreading Joy everywhere! Check out this short 1.5 minute video below!
Instagram: @mystickyquotes – Inspiration is best when it’s random and least expected. The original uplifting sticky note pad; just peel, stick and inspire. #TheMotivationMovement
For those of us who aren’t artsy and cannot draw worth a lick, these are P E R F E C T!
Pretyped, gorgeous and sticky!
The uses for these are endless! Leave them in lunches, on homework, on windshields, in random places in the grocery store. Leave them on office doors, mirrors, closets etc. Use them to dress up envelopes when you are sending cards and letters!
Which set will you get? Do you love the Emojis? Do you love the Bible Verses? How about one of each?
How will you use My Sticky Quotes to encourage others?
It’s an honor to team up with My Sticky Quotes and do a giveaway for you! If you’d like to win this gift pack, all you have to do is comment below with how you would use these sticky notes and you’ll be entered to win!
You can’t see them but there are 3 other items in the box for the winner! I love giving away cool things!
Follow along with My Sticky Quotes here:
— Marie Wikle (@spreadingJOY) October 17, 2016
I reached out to Michael, hoping to partner with him and his amazing products! I received these sticky notes of encouragement at no cost in exchange for this review and because Michael has a heart for Spreading Joy! All opinions, joyful or not, are completely my own. I was not required to give a positive review. Thanks for allowing me to host this giveaway!
What are you Passionate about?
Anyone can make a Difference, the question is will you?
We over complicate it with our desires to do more, we negate the impact because we feel that we should spend more, we just stop doing because we think why bother.
It’s true… so many are right there and don’t realize that they can easily move beyond those thoughts and feelings.
I want to introduce you to Lucy who is making an impact all over this world.
She is super talented and uses what she loves for Spreading Joy to people!
We often focus on what we cannot do or don’t have and miss out on the opportunity to make a difference for others. Lucy reminds us all that we can use what we have to make a difference right where we are and beyond!
Please take a few minutes and check out the video below:
I hope that you’ll keep up with what Lucy is doing via Instagram and encourage her by following her here:
Instagram: @juicylucyluz – Artist, writer, seeker, volunteer and Art Abandonment Fairy – you can also find her on Facebook at http://facebook.com/juicylucyluz If you find any of her Art from one of her many Art Abandonment Fairies, I hope you’ll Instagram it and tag her in it! #ArtAbandonment
What are you passionate about? What do you love to do? Leave that in the comments and we can discuss ways you can use it to spread joy to those in your corner of the world!
Tell me, how are you Spreading Joy today? Do you get your children involved? What are their strengths? Teach them to use it for others.
Do you know of anyone else Spreading Joy with their passion or using what they can to make a difference? If so, please do let me know as I would love to feature them on Spreading Joy!
Have Fun Spreading Joy and making a difference!
I love this time of year. The cooler weather here in the south, the anticipation of Christmas and the kindness that goes along with it. There are those that struggle with this time of year. Depression sucks the life and joy right out of them.
So many people tell me they feel like they are not making a difference in this world. They are discouraged, down and I understand it. Completely.
We need to see more good things flooding our hearts, we need to share more about those that are making a difference, and we need to promote positivity with all the negativity that surrounds us. Don’t wait on the News Media to do it for you! We need to do this ourselves.
I challenge you to do ONE thing a day to make a difference.
At the end of the year 365 lives will be impacted thanks to you. 3 6 5!
It doesn’t have to be what is on this list. This list is just a means to get your brain moving in the right direction.
#spreadingJOY Tip: Use Instagram to show how you are impacting this world. It’s like a microblogging tool for you. You can easily see 9 photos at a time on your home page and be encouraged by the difference you are making!
I’d love to be able to flood Social Media with what you are doing too. Share it with me directly on twitter @spreadingJOY , using the hashtag #spreadingJOY on twitter or Instagram, or on our Facebook Page
I cannot wait to share how you are making a difference! Here are 30 ways to touch hearts and lives this month!
- Card of Appreciation Custodial Worker for Appreciation Day – this could be huge for someone
- Thank a Veteran – keep some pre-written thank you cards in your vehicle and when you see someone parked in the Veteran parking, or a Military sticker on their car, you can easily leave a card for them.
- Positive Feed Back about your waitress, cashier etc – Managers usually only hear the negative. Trust me when I say this is HUGE
- Send Encouraging Text – I mean you are sending texts anyway. Send several. Take a screen shot and tag them #spreadingJOYdaily on twitter or instagram
- Leave a sticky note of kindness for several people – This is so much fun! On car windows, desks, computer screens. Mirrors in restrooms. I cannot wait to see your photos of this!
- Give a blessing bag to homeless (or someone in need) – use Gallon size bags or even purses (or other bags you no longer use) for the ladies
- Make a $5 donation to spreading-joy.org – Seriously, Christmas is right around the corner and we need your help.
- Stuffed animals for Seniors – collect what you can from friends and families and take them to your nearest Rest Home/Senior Care Center
- Cards/treat for first responders – This is super easy and great fun!
- Snail Mail to nieces/nephews – What child doesn’t like mail?
- Pass along a book (or 3) – Got a stack of books you’ve read? Devotionals you are done with?
- Cook extra & give to older neighbor – Making lasagna, soup or anything? Double it and give it away
- Purchase coffee for person behind you – or fast food meal etc. Endless possibilities here
- Pick up trash in park or your road – weather is cooling down, take a stroll down your road or closest park and clean it up some
- Send a card telling someone WHY you appreciate them – When is the last time you did this? Honestly we should pick one or two people a month and do this.
- Rake leaves for neighbors – such a huge help
- Give donuts/cupcakes to homeless – You know where they are in your city. Take it to them. If you live in a more rural area, take some to a local school for the teachers.
- Share info about pets needing adoption – You never know who is looking to adopt. Share the info on Facebook about your local shelter.
- Thank an officer – Be a positive force today
- Tip Extra (especially at breakfast) – This is huge for those that serve during breakfast hours.
- Pay for Someone’s Groceries (or give a gift card) – if you aren’t sure of how much they will spend, just give a random person a gift card. Or a single mom, or a family that is struggling.
- Put notes inside of books at store or library – LOVE this. Do it….it’s great fun.
- Leave some dollars on items at $ store – Put a sticky on the dollar bills and say something like “To YOU from ME…enjoy”
- Leave a note in the pocket or on pillow (mirror) for someone you love – When they find it their day will be even better
- Send a care package to someone – Tons of ideas for this! Please post when you send one
- SMILE – give them away freely – A smile and a nod are amazing gifts when your heart is breaking.
- Print out inspirational posters & leave in random places – or if you are crafty, artsy – handletter it and hang it
- Give out FREE HUGS (yes, use a sign too) – we should set up a free hugs stand. Seriously, post those photos
- Make a homemade gift for someone – easy ideas to get you started
- Lend a helping hand. LOOK for opportunities to do so – so many ways to just help. Be available and looking for opportunities.
— Marie Wikle (@spreadingJOY) October 1, 2016
Let’s be a positive force!
Let’s make a difference daily!
Let’s flood Social Media with good things!
Let’s BE the Difference we are seeking
Have Fun Spreading Joy and making a difference!
What are some ways you are making a difference this month? How are you getting your children involved.
I love digging into the book of Psalms in the Bible. Full of raw emotion that every single one of us can relate to at any given time.
There is great praise and rejoicing there as well as great comfort for those times that life just beats you up on a daily basis.
Dear Christian, I hope that these 31 Verses will bring comfort to your heart. I purposely did not type out the verses for you. Take time to look them up, print them out and post them where you can be encouraged from them on a daily basis.
31 Psalms of Comfort
- Psalm 30:2 – God not on hears you, but He will help
- Psalm 30:11 – God will turn your mourning into gladness
- Psalm 31:24 – God will strengthen you
- Psalm 32:10 – God’s steadfast love and mercy surrounds you
- Psalm 33:20 – He IS our help and shield
- Psalm 34:4 – He will deliver you from your fears
- Psalm 34:15 – God SEES you! And He Cares about what is going on right now!
- Psalm 37:4 – Delight in the Lord and what HE delights in and He will give you the desires of your heart
- Psalm 37:24 – You may stumble but remember GOD has YOU
- Psalm 40:3 – Others will see your heart for God and trust Him because of you
- Psalm 46:10 – I know times seem dark and dismal but never forget that God will be exalted among the nations and entire earth!
- Psalm 49:15 – God Redeems your soul! He has power over the grave!
- Psalm 51:12 – Lost your Joy? God will restore it. ASK HIM
- Psalm 55:17 – You can cry out to God ANYTIME of the day!
- Psalm 56:3 – No matter how afraid you are, you can always Trust Christ
- Psalm 63:3 – When you feel as though you have nothing left but God’s love…God’s love is all you need
- Psalm 64:1 – God KNOWS you’ll be fighting the enemy
- Psalm 67:7 – God will bless us
- Psalm 70 – (all 5 verses) You are not the only one that cries out to God asking him to HURRY
- Psalm 71:14 – You can continuously HOPE in the Lord.
- Psalm 73:26 – Your heart may fail but you can count on God to be your strength forever
- Psalm 77: 1-14 – There WILL be times when nothing comforts you and deep sobs of pain will be what your heart cries out. It’s ok. Empty yourself of this so that God can fill you with remembrance of all of his mighty works.
- Psalm 84:12 – You are truly blessed when you put your complete trust in God
- Psalm 86:10 – God is great and does wondrous things. Will you take time to see it?
- Psalm 86:15 – God is full of compassion
- Psalm 92:1 – Never let anyone dull your sparkle for the Lord. Keep praising!
- Psalm 93:1 – God reigns and will do so forever!
- Psalm 100:1 – You don’t have to have a magnificent voice to praise the Lord
- Psalm 103:17 – His love is from everlasting to everlasting. Have you really taken time to consider this?
- Psalm 104:31 – God rejoices in his works. YOU are part of HIS plan.
- Psalm 126:5 – You may sow in tears but you will REAP in JOY
What is your favorite Psalm of Comfort?
Encourage others and leave it in the comments below.
As you can see, Influence is a pretty powerful thing. You WILL influence people every S I N G L E day. Either for good or bad. What will you choose?
Will you choose easy over right?
Will you choose right over wrong?
Will you stand when everyone is sitting?
Will you sing when everyone is quiet?
Will you show respect when everyone is being disrespectful? What will you choose?
How will you use your Power of Influence?
I loved all of the articles from Last Weeks Heart for Others Link up but the one that really resonated with me is the Power of Influence by Martin Wiles Check it out and see what you might do/say in a similar situation.
I love Social Media and how small it makes this ginormous world! I love finding new, neat things that I’ve never seen before. I love sharing these things too! With that in Mind and Week 2 of our Heart for Others series, I give you some of my favorite things and blogs:
I’m not artsy, so to decorate envelopes when I send Snail Mail I use stickers and Washi Tape
- Illustrated Faith – Just Believe – Washi Tape
- Price: $4.50
I LOVE Journals – all kinds. Big, small – spiral bound or not! Here are a few cute ideas for you. Have you started Christmas Shopping yet?
- Mrs. – Christian Journal
- Price: $7.99
- Illustrated Faith – Notebook Journal
- Price: $7.99
Yes, I TAKE One day a week and share tweets that are about others. Your articles, your DIY’s, your inspiration. One day to focus on making a difference and Spreading Joy. Want to have your article featured on my blog next week? Leave it in the link up below. Want to have your article tweeted out to my almost 70k active Twitter Followers Next Wedensday? Leave a link below.
Here is what you do:
- You leave your FAMILY FRIENDLY link to any of your blog articles below (anything you want, but clean. I do reserve the right to remove anything deemed offensive.)
- In the Spirit of Spreading JOY, You visit 2 other links & comment on their blog (yes… please spread a little joy to someone else and show your heart for others)
- Link back to our site somewhere (either on the article you shared, your link up page or grab our button – seriously, I would appreciate it.)
On Wednesday you’ll start seeing the Tweets go out with the hashtag #HeartforOthers and it’s not required, but if you’d like, I sure would appreciate it if you’d retweet some of them.
Snail mail is mailing a letter or card instead of sending a text, email or message on Facebook or Twitter.
Why, you ask, why would you do this? It’s so expensive; it’s time consuming, its old fashioned!
Call me old fashioned but I think It’s amazing!
I have to admit, I do not do this nearly as much as I use to but I’m working on getting back to this!
I know people who are very artistic and their cards/letters are super colorful and are such a joy to get! I know people who are like me and have no artistic abilities whatsoever and their cards/letters are such a joy to get!
Do you see it… Cards and letters A R E such a JOY to get!
Here are some reasons why you should send/give Cards and/or letters as often as you can.
- It makes a difference. Seriously! This is one of the best and easiest ways of Spreading Joy I know! You will make their day brighter!
- They can enjoy it over and over again. Many will. Someone dealing with a chronic illness will keep the card close as it is an encouragement to them! It will encourage their heart day after day!
- It will flood your heart with great joy! I know….. greedy of me to send you a card isn’t it, but I promise you, it’s true. Any time we are doing something for someone else, your heart is warmed by it.
- An amazing Ministry – many people feel that they don’t have gifts, talents etc. You can have an encouragement ministry – especially to the sick, elderly and even the everyday, ordinary people that just need some encouragement. It’s a great way to minister to those in your world.
- Are you artistic? Do you know calligraphy? Lucky you! You can use all those amazing art supplies, colorful pens and stationary that I know you are hording!
- Sending cards and letters is like sending Love and HUGS in the mail! Especially for kids and others you don’t get to see often. My children don’t live near me anymore so I try to mail them things often and I honestly feel like I mail them love and hugs when I send them cards.
- Sending a card/letter to someone reminds them that they matter, that they are important and that makes a huge difference to people.
- With all the junk mail in your mail box, wouldn’t be exciting to find something fun? Think of that as you send off your letter to someone.
- You can turn a normal day into an extraordinary day with one stamp. Priceless
- Small children home? Write to them. Let them get it, open it and enjoy it – and then have a special place where you put it for them to keep. An album, one of those cute book boxes or treasure boxes. Before you know it they will be 25 and this will be such a gift.
What are some other reasons you can think of to send a letter? Do you send snail mail? Do you reach out to people other than just Christmas?
Do you decorate your envelopes with Envelope art? Ohhhh to be able to do that! We’ve been sending the children of Spreading Joy birthday cards and they LOVE it! We’ve invited children in South Dakota to JOYn our Birthday Club and it’s growing! People love getting positive Snail Mail! SEND SOME Today!
When is the last time you sent a letter? Will you get into the habit of sending one?
Are you artistic? Do you sketch and if so would you be willing to write 10-15 letters a month to our SJC Kids? I’ll give you their names, age & a monthly character building word and you could decorate the pages and write an encouraging letter. I’d love to be able to send them one monthly so we’d love to have about 30 volunteers or so (depending on how many letters you each could do a month.) You’d write them all out and send them to my po box and then I’d mail them. Here are some examples of what I’m talking about.
Please email me by commenting below and let me know that you’d love to be part of the team of amazing artists to encourage these kids.
More of what I’m talking here on Pinterest
and here are a couple below:
YOU are INVITED to the Heart for Others Weekly Link up Party!
This party is all about Y O U!
I’ve been tossing around Ideas on how to get back to sharing other blogs like I use to do waaaaay back when.
I use to take time to share Blog articles on twitter each Wednesday that I found from the Twitterverse or Blogosphere. I would search over the weekend and then tweet them out on Wednesday as that was my day to tweet about OTHERS. This is very important to me. We need to take time to celebrate others in every fashion we can!
Needless to say things have gotten busier and I don’t have as much time to seek things out as I use to but I still love reading and sharing new blogs AND in the spirit of Spreading Joy to others, sharing their articles with my Twitterverse is something I still love to do. I have an amazing Twitterverse!
Take ONE Day a week and focus on Others? Yes! I’m Collecting your blog articles so that on Wednesday Next week, I can share them on my day to share & encourage others to show their #heartforothers
So, with that in mind, I’m starting a Weekly Heart for Others Link up.
Here is what you do:
- You leave your FAMILY FRIENDLY link below (anything you want, but clean. I do reserve the right to remove anything deemed offensive.)
- In the Spirit of Spreading JOY, You visit 2 other links & comment on their blog (yes… please spread a little joy to someone else and show your heart for others)
- Link back to our site somewhere (either on the article you shared, your link up page or grab our button)
On Wednesday you’ll start seeing the Tweets go out with the hashtag #HeartforOthers and it’s not required, but if you’d like, I sure would appreciate it if you’d retweet some of them.
Next week I’ll highlight a few of the articles that stood out to me and the One that got the most clicks.
I hope you’ll spread the word and invite others.
Using your voice is a powerful thing! One of the things I want to show others is that even a single voice can have a huge impact.
How do you show your heart for others? Will you leave a link? Will you invite others? I’m excited to share your articles!