Let the Journey Begin – Finding God’s Best for your Life
By Author Max Lucado
This is a devotionals with bite sized reminders of God’s perfect love for us. He wants us to experience His best and all too often we focus on things we can’t change or understand, instead of clinging to and focusing on our FATHER.
These easy to read reminders pack a punch! Don’t let the fact that each devotion is just a page or so long make you think that it’s not worth your time because it is. It is full of wisdom and scripture to back it up. Lucado grabbed my complete attention with the very first line.
“Occupy yourself with the nature of God, not the size of your biceps….”
We can all think of something to put after “not the……”
There is a section for you to take time to personally reflect on your goals, prayers, scripture and more.
Are you embarking on a new journey? Have you had to take a detour? Are you leaving one chapter behind (high school) and stepping out into another chapter (college?) Are you a newlywed? New Mom or Dad? LOVING your current Journey? This book is for you and your journey.
Where is your journey taking you?
Where do you want your journey to take you?
Are you taking the time to look for God’s best for you each day?
Some Favorite quotes:
- Faith is the grit in the soul that puts the dare into dreams
- If you want to touch God’s heart, use the name he loves to hear. Call Him Father
- Because you’re imperfect, you can speak of making mistakes. Because you’re a sinner, you can speak of forgiveness
- In the grip of grace, you’re free to be honest
- You will never forgive anyone more than God has already forgiven you
- The finished work of sin is to kill the soul
- Faith in the future begets power in the present
I’m partnering with Family Christian to give away a $10 Appreciation Certificate. You can use it online or in the store. To be entered to win, leave a comment about how you plan to Occupy yourself with the nature of God. I’ll announce the winner on June 1st.
As a Family Christian Blogger, I received this book in exchange for a review. I was not required to give a positive review and all of my JOYful opinions are my own.
You can stay in the KNOW with all the happenings at Family Christian here:
Don’t miss a single encouraging article!
Subscribe to Spreading Joy by Email: