Behold I Stand at the Door and Knock
When we think of this verse, we tend to think of someone that is being convicted of their need of salvation. As Christians, we use this to tell others that Jesus loves them and wants to be with them.
While this is true, it is also true that as a Christian, God is standing at the door and knocking for our attention…..still.
He knocks because:
- He simply wants to be near us
- He wants us to trust Him
- He wants to hear our JOYful noise of praise
- He wants to hear our fears so that He can comfort us
- He wants us to choose to see His wisdom daily
- He wants us to KNOW that even though we feel unloved, He loves us more than we can imagine
- He wants us to rest in Him
- He wants us to confidently give Him our everything, know that on our own we will fail miserably but with Him – ALL things are possible
- He gave us everything He had…yet, “requires” nothing but faith in Him
- He misses us when we walk away from Him
so He knocks…reminding us that we are important to Him
Jesus died for you
Jesus loves you
Jesus waits for you…knocking
Christian, Jesus stands at the door…waiting on YOU
Will you make Him wait or do you walk daily with Him?
What makes your heart smile about the thought of Jesus knocking at our hearts door?
For me, it’s the fact that even though we are like a single solitary grain of sand – each one, each single grain is precious to Him.
You are Precious in His Sight!
Don’t miss a single encouraging article!
Subscribe to Spreading Joy by Email: