Author Sarah Young has published a marvelous book of joy provoking devotions for kids! In her continued style of us reading as if Jesus Himself was speaking to us, this book written for older children is sure to get them looking for the daily joys that are surrounding them.
This is a great devotional for creating conversations about what is going on in your child’s world. You can also use it to help them consider things they typically aren’t looking for in this online, face paced, I want it now society.
This beautifully designed, hardback edition will be durable for any child!
How can this devotional benefit you and your child?
- Time spent with Jesus daily
- JOY – everyone needs joy each day
- Reminder of the fact there is joy regardless of circumstances (we all need that don’t we?)
- Conversation Starters – it’s often difficult to have full conversations with older children isn’t it? USE this!
- Ask them what this day makes them think of
- Share your own thoughts on the days reading (means you need to read it too!)
- Ask them what joys were present in their day
- Ask them how they can spread joy to others
- Discuss chronic illness using the Author as an example. If no chronic illness is in your family, ask if their peers struggle with this and discuss how they can be a positive force in their world.
- Family time discussing the joy of the Lord (again…all of us need this)
I love all of the devotionals by Sarah Young but her Jesus Always for adults and children are among my favorites!I'm so glad this book will be in my Granddaughters library! Click To Tweet
How will you use Jesus Always in your family? What devotional are you currently making your way through?
Want to enter to win a copy from our Friends at Front Gate Media? Enter HERE by 10/24 http://blessedfreebies.com/jesus-always-365.html
- Age Range: 8 – 12 years
- Grade Level: 3 – 7
- Hardcover: 400 pages
Thank you to FrontGate Media for a copy to review in exchange for my honest opinion. I was not required to give positive feedback.