A time of giving, sharing and just reflecting on those that we love, treasure and adore.
Thank you for how you made Christmas JOY completely amazing! There were more kids and moms this year than ever and even though the number caught us a bit by surprise, there was still enough for everyone!
Thank you for Spreading Christmas JOY!
Should be such a time of great joy but in this economy so many people are struggling.
My heart often thinks of the many people who will simply enjoy time together this Christmas, and that in itself is a wonderful gift, but we can and should do more for the kids.
Imagine with me for a moment…. the young 4 year old little girl that I’m hugging in the photo above looking at their Christmas Tree each night and wondering why there are no presents underneath it. She can’t understand that her health and welfare are why there is nothing. She can’t understand that safety and a better life is on the way.
She can’t understand….because she is only 4.
I understand and more than that I want to do something about it!
I mean really….we are only Children once.
Her question to me just before this hug was “Ms. Marie are you going to give my Mommie presents for me for Christmas?”
We want to do some amazing things for some awesome kids of the Battered Women’s Shelter this year.
Will you partner with us and help us sprinkle some magic into their Christmas Morning?
We bring these ladies and children in (yes, bring them in by bus as they don’t have transportation) treat them to a very nice lunch, dessert and some encouragement as well as “free shopping” for Christmas Gifts. We don’t just “hand out” gifts for the kids, we spend some time with them, encouraging them, inspiring them and reminding them that THEY can make a difference in this ginormous world too!
So, in the spirit of Spreading Joy this Christmas, we will move forward doing what we can with what we have. It’s that simple.
We need your help! There is no way we’ll be able to do this alone.
Here are some ways you can partner with Spreading Joy and make a difference for these ladies that have courageously stepped out and are starting new. They dream of doing huge things for their kids, but many struggle just to keep them warm and fed.
Will you partner with us to make their Christmas Merry and Bright? Here are things that we need!
- Will you donate new unwrapped gifts for us to give? Think about it, if you purchase 1 gift a week starting now, until the first of December, you’d have 11 gifts to donate!
- Will you see if your Organization can collect toys? Put out a wrapped gift box, attach this sign and collect gifts.
- Will you see if your group (Sunday School class, small group, ladies group, men’s group, other group or even entire Church) will collect toys. Same process as above, place wrapped boxes at various entry points – and doing so earlier is better.
- If you aren’t close by and would like to help but shipping toys is much too expensive, consider donating Wal-Mart or McDonald’s gift cards. We use these for gifts for the teens. Make them in $10.00 increments.
- Could you come and volunteer? We will need people to help with wrapping, setting up, cleaning up, picking up toys, picking up food and other things. Please email me if you can volunteer and we’ll get you plugged in!
- Any gift of any size is huge! Will you make a donation? If you donate this weekend, once in Oct, Nov & early Dec, you’ll have an opportunity to give big without hurting your wallet or your Christmas budget. Think about it – $25 a month for 4 months is HUGE.
- Are you receiving a Christmas Bonus? Decide that a small portion of that will help others.
- Selling things on e-bay? Give back and the those that bid on your items know that a portion of the costs will be spreading joy to others.
- Corporate Sponsorship will receive recognition below as well as weekly tweets to your website. We have over 500 views on our site a day as well as over 40,000 amazing interactive followers on twitter. People that engage, take action and care!
If you’d like to mail your donation of funding or toys, please mail to:
Spreading JOY Corporation
PO Box 1771
Denver NC 28037
Lastly – will you spread the word? Share this on Facebook, tweet this on Twitter….daily, Post it on LinkedIn as well as even highlight what we are trying to accomplish on your website. Your voice is powerful! It reaches people we may never come across. Use your voice.
Remember, we are an IRS Approved Non – Profit and your company may match Charitable Donations. Why not check it out with your HR Department?
Here is a link to what was accomplished with your help last year! You have to remember that the photos are limited due to the fact that these ladies and kids are from the battered women’s shelter. Safety first, but hopes and dreams of an awesome Christmas for them are very real too, so we want you to see first hand what your gift is going for.
Remember, there are ZERO paid employees at Spreading Joy. Everyone is a volunteer and all donations go right back into giving!
Here are a few videos showing you what we have accomplished during Christmas Past:
We want to rise above the discouragement of high prices, the obstacle of dead ends and the disappointment of our comfort zone. We want to be the change that is so desperately needed!
And we want to JOYn forces with Y O U to do so this Christmas!
Marie talks hope, JOY and giving this Christmas! What we do for these kids and moms and why.
Organizations that are Collecting Toys:
Iron Mountain – Charlotte – The Positive effects of a smart information management plan drives cost savings, strongly supports compliance and increases efficiency.
Clark Nexsen– Charlotte – Clark Nexsen, PC is an award winning architecture, engineering, interior design, planning, and landscape architecture firm that has been in continuous operation for over 90 years. With offices in Norfolk, Richmond and Roanoke, Virginia; Washington, DC; Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina, and Macon, Atlanta and Brunswick, GA, Clark Nexsen, PC employs a staff of over 500 dedicated professionals ? more than 175 of whom are LEED Accredited. The firm’s architecture, engineering, interior design and planning design teams specialize in healthcare, commercial, offices, government, college and university, recreational, manufacturing and land planning projects. Clark Nexsen, PC has been recognized as one of America’s leading architecture and design firms, as cited in the Almanac of Architecture & Design, DesignIntelligence’s annual factbook and ranked as one of the Top 500 National Design Firms by Engineering News-Record. Clark Nexsen, PC works to shape the future worldwide, and their focus remains constant: extraordinary effort to make projects work for their clients. For more information on Clark Nexsen, PC, visit www.clarknexsen.com.
Sugar Creek Garden Center – Fort Mill SC – We are here to help you with all of your landscaping installation needs, from tree and shrub installation to a full backyard renovation. **You can DROP off your new, unwrapped gifts here!**
Sport Clips– Denver – Sports on TV, a relaxing neck and shoulder massage, legendary steamed towel treatment, and a great haircut from Guy-Smart stylists who specialize ONLY in men’s and boys’ hair care. It’s what we call the MVP Treatment, and it only takes about 20 minutes. Sport Clips – Catawba Springs Promenade, Denver, NC – (704) 827-7009 **You can DROP off your new, unwrapped gifts here!**
The Youth Group of First Baptist Church of Weddington (www.fbcw.com). – First Baptist Church of Weddington is a group of wonderful and committed believers, who are dedicated to love the Lord our God, with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength, and to love our neighbors as ourselves. We believe God has called us to make disciples and to develop and train them in the truth and power of the Word of God. Bill Fogarty, Pastor FBCW
Hope Circle of Linden ARP Church – This fine ladies group has graciously given to help make a difference for these kids. If you live near Gastonia NC, check them out and be sure to tell them thank YOU.
Craig Newmark – http://cnewmark.com Huge heart for others! Find out more here:
and of course on Twitter – twitter.com/craignewmark
Get 1000 Tracts to distribute
He who has no Christmas in his heart, will never find Christmas under a tree. ~ Charlotte Carpenter