This child will need an angel again this year!
Angels are needed to help make Christmas a little more special and magical than what it will be for some deserving children.
Angels that will reach into the back of their hearts and memories and remember what Christmas morning as a child was like. They will remember the anticipation of seeing presents under the tree weeks before Christmas and the joy of knowing that several of the gifts had YOUR name on it.
We need angels that will remember how sleep would often escape them as Christmas Eve stars twinkled with delight, knowing that when the morning came, it would bring Christmas with it!
These same Angels know that there are many children who will not see presents under the tree weeks before Christmas…perhaps even Christmas Eve. They also know that many will not even put up a Christmas tree, because, without gifts under there – what is the use?
Have you ever had a mom tell you that? We have. It is a heart wrenching fact to know that there are those who will not even put up their tree because they do not want the pain and disappointment of no presents to affect their children. Truth is – it WILL affect them.
We can change this!
We just need to work together!
We need Angels that will help in any way possible!
We need Y O U!
While I understand that we can’t help everyone, we can make a difference for some amazing kids and in doing so, impact their hearts for a lifetime!
Here is how you can partner with us and help:
- Give – Make a financial donation using the pay pal button over on the side bar or mailing in a donation to PO Box 1771 Denver NC 28037 – Will you consider a monthly gift? **As a “thank you” ALL Donations of $25 or more will receive a book or cd of your choice** (we will email you a list of what is available for you to choose from)
- Collect Toys or Gift Cards – Ask your company, your church, your small group, Sunday School or family to help you collect toys and/or gift cards! Even if you only collect 10 toys, that will go a long way to help! NO amount is too small! (If your organization decides to help in this way, please let me know so that I can list you below.)
- Donate a Toys R Us Gift Card – You can send us a gift card online and not have to pay shipping. Here is a PDF that shows how to do that
- Share this Page – Share this page DAILY on twitter and often on your other Social Media Platforms!
- Purchase Toys and send to us – yes the shipping may be a bit more, but I know the JOY of purchasing toys for kids that need the help. You can even send $10 McDonald or Walmart gift cards to help save with the cost of shipping. Every single one helps! (PO Box 1771 Denver NC 28037)
- Email and Ask – Send a link to this page in an email challenging everyone you know to give at least $5 or $10 towards the Christmas Needs of Children. Get your child to mail in a buck or 2 and I’ll send them a card and photo after the event so they can keep it.
- Get your Children Involved – Teaching kids to give to children less fortunate will enable them to be adults that give. Arrange time at a local Walmart or Kmart and collect toys with them. Adults will love helping kids that help other kids!
- Help with Our Candy Store – We want to be able to provide the kids a time of “shopping” in a huge candy store. We had 30 different candies they were able to get last year and need to do the same this year. Pick up half price Halloween candy when it goes on sale and ship to us at the address listed above.
- Come and Volunteer – We will need people to help set up, to manage “areas”, to help wrap, to pick up food, clean up and crowd control.
Our Event is December 14th at noon. We would love to have you!
Want to meet some of the kids that you’ll be helping for Christmas? Please watch the video provided below:
A HUGE Thank you to those collecting toys for us this year!
Iron Mountain – Charlotte – The Positive effects of a smart information management plan drives cost savings, strongly supports compliance and increases efficiency.
Clark Nexsen– Charlotte – Clark Nexsen, PC is an award winning architecture, engineering, interior design, planning, and landscape architecture firm that has been in continuous operation for over 90 years. With offices in Norfolk, Richmond and Roanoke, Virginia; Washington, DC; Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina, and Macon, Atlanta and Brunswick, GA, Clark Nexsen, PC employs a staff of over 500 dedicated professionals ? more than 175 of whom are LEED Accredited. The firm’s architecture, engineering, interior design and planning design teams specialize in healthcare, commercial, offices, government, college and university, recreational, manufacturing and land planning projects. Clark Nexsen, PC has been recognized as one of America’s leading architecture and design firms, as cited in the Almanac of Architecture & Design, DesignIntelligence’s annual factbook and ranked as one of the Top 500 National Design Firms by Engineering News-Record. Clark Nexsen, PC works to shape the future worldwide, and their focus remains constant: extraordinary effort to make projects work for their clients. For more information on Clark Nexsen, PC, visit www.clarknexsen.com.
Sport Clips– Denver – Sports on TV, a relaxing neck and shoulder massage, legendary steamed towel treatment, and a great haircut from Guy-Smart stylists who specialize ONLY in men’s and boys’ hair care. It’s what we call the MVP Treatment, and it only takes about 20 minutes. Sport Clips – Catawba Springs Promenade, Denver, NC – (704) 827-7009 **You can DROP off your new, unwrapped gifts here!**
Quiznos – Charlotte – 3607 Whitehall Park Dr – 704-504-1055 – Quiznos sandwich shops offer flavorful chef-inspired menu items, including grilled flatbreads, salads and wraps! We also offer chicken, freshly-sliced deli meats, artisan breads and cheeses! Quiznos is the perfect menu for your lunchtime! **You can DROP off your new, unwrapped gifts here!**
Sunbelt Rentals – Charlotte Area – There’s more to a rental than price. When a project is critical, go with the rental company that goes the extra mile to get the job done. Among the major national equipment rental companies, Sunbelt Rentals leads the industry when it comes to meeting customer needs. A recent national brand performance study conducted by an independent third party provider indicated that we “exceeded” or “fully met” the business needs of respondents over other national competitors.
A look At Christmas Past:
Please Listen to this Interview about Christmas JOY:
© 2013, Spreading Joy. All rights reserved.