Spreading Joy Corporation is an IRS Approved Non Profit Organization. Having received our certification in late 2008, we are growing, learning and doing what we can to make a difference right where we are.
Are you looking for joy? Does your heart crave ways to make a difference? Start here by helping us help others. A little bit goes a long way with Spreading Joy.
Our Current Event: Christmas JOY – We need your help in handing out JOY, hope and love! We bus in the kids and moms from the battered women’s shelter and give them lunch, encouragement and allow the kids to shop “for free” for candy at our Candy Store and the mom’s shop for free for gifts for Christmas Morning.
JOYn us in spreading some Christmas JOY.
Would you consider a monthly partnership? Many can set up automatic checks to be mailed out monthly in certain amounts. You can make a difference effortlessly this way.
Would you consider donating 2 hours a week of your time to help Spreading Joy? And – as always, tweeting out links, liking us on FB and posting some of our work on your timeline always helps. Word of mouth is priceless.
Many people have asked me what they could do to help with the various needs of Spreading Joy. Here are some things you may consider helping with:
- Financial Partners – It could be a, one time gift, monthly, quarterly or annual contribution, but the bottom line is that we need partners to help us be able to do more for others. Many feel the need to apologize because they can only give $10, $25 or $30 a month. No apoligies are necessary – guilt free giving here. Even if it’s a ONE time gift of $10.00 – it is HUGE here! Let’s look at the impact a small gift will have. Many of us can spare $10.00 a month. With social media giving us a worldwide reach, 500 of us could easily donate $10 a month to Spreading Joy. That would be $5,000 a month and $60,000 a year. All because of a simple, “small looking” gift of $10.00. Can you imagine the school supplies we could help out with? Can you imagine the Christmas JOY that could be given? Can you imagine the scholarships we could start, the training we could do for battered women or the community centers that would be stared and focused on making a difference for others?
Standing alone, we feel pretty weak but together, we can make a huge difference.
- Designate your company match to Spreading Joy. Many companies will match dollar for dollar any charitable contributions that you make to an IRS Approved Non Profit. Here is a listing of many organizations that provide a company match. If you do not see your organization, check with your Human Resources department. To have the match initiated, is simple. Just fill out some paper work from your HR department and they will do the rest. Corporate Matching List
- Stamps – I’m always mailing out receipts, cards and the like. When you purchase stamps, purchase another book or tear off half and send them to us. How wonderful would it be to never have to purchase stamps again?
- $10.00 Gift Cards – We mainly use these at Christmas Time, but the more I start presenting Spreading Joy, the more these will come in handy. Especially for the older Teens at schools. McDonalds is best, because they are recognized nationally – but any National Store will be fine.
- Printing Needs – I currently have a regular HP printer that uses HP 21& HP22 ink. Ink is always helpful.
- Facebook – Did you know that Spreading Joy Corporation has a Group Page? No….well, now you do. Looking for ideas, discussion items, your comments – videos, etc that show/tell what you are doing and how you are spreading joy. You never know when YOUR idea will spark something huge! So head on over and share with us.
- Thank you/Thinking of you Cards – I’m always sending out card to say thank you for support, help etc. If you make cards or see some on sale, consider sending some to us. Pick up some in the dollar store and mail them off to us. You may consider this a small gift, but as someone who sees saying “thank you” as priority – this is HUGE!
- Discounted items, discontinued items – Spreading Joy is the master of re-gifting. If the package of your product is damaged or even changed, or you’ve had items on clearance, why not get a tax break for it instead of putting it on 90% clearance? It’s a win-win situation. Your items will be used to help spread the word about Spreading Joy!
- Grant Writers – Ideal situation, first grant at no percentage, but other grants that come through, done at a percentage of what was collected. Email me to discuss what percentage you typically charge, and maybe we can partner together to do some amazing things for others.
- Frequent Flyer Miles – Do you have an abundance of miles stacking up? Would you be willing to let me simply “check” with you if I have a need? If so, please email me so I can keep your name handy should the need arise. This seems like something so very small, but YOU never know how this can help out!
- Need opportunities to share Spreading JOY with YOUR groups. If you head up various groups, or know the person that does I’d love an opportunity to speak to you or them about how we can encourage YOUR organization. Email me!! There is no charge for this. We can organize a Back2School event, Encourage your group, teach more about social media and inspire your children to lead the way, not just follow. Finding JOY is our speciality!
If You Can’t help with any of these, then sign up for our Newsletter – over on the right of the screen and when that comes out, forward it to seveal people in your email address book. YOU will be spreading the word about Spreading Joy Corporation and that is HUGE!
When you help and or give to Spreading Joy Corporation you have a huge part in the following:
We had some exciting times Spreading Joy and I’m so very thankful for you and all that you’ve done to partner with us! You’ve given, shared, encouraged and motivated us to keep going, keep being a voice…and I’m thankful.
Here is a list of our Accomplishments. We couldn’t have done any of this without you!
So, tell me. How are YOU spreading joy? Everyone has a story to tell! I want to hear YOURS! Click the link and leave YOUR story of spreading joy in the comment section.
Our Mailing Address is:
Spreading Joy Corporation
P.O. Box 1771
Denver NC 28037