Back to School was a huge success – thanks to YOU! Your generous gifts, the way you used your voice to spread the word and how you encouraged us to keep doing what we can with what we have made this event the best ever….that and the Reese’s Cups
Click here to see exactly what we put in the bags as well as a few videos of the event. Thank you so much for your heart for others and your efforts in Spreading Joy and making a difference.
May 2011 – – – Technically, the 2010-2011 school year has NOT finished for many children. But, here I am again, preparing for the 2011-2012 school year.
The summer will have come and gone before you know it. School will be back in session in the blink of an eye. So (you ask) WHY, exactly are you starting to Back to School 2011 NOW, in May?
I’m so glad you asked me that. Here is what is going on in my heart.
I’m looking for people all over the world that will partner with me for $25.00 a month for the next few months, to help get as many back packs filled with back to school supplies as possible. I have a goal of 500, but would love to exceed that goal.
So, YOU – (the reader) could give BIG, without breaking the bank by donating $25.00 a month in May, June, July and the first week of August. That would be $100.00 total and it won’t put a financial strain on your family.
What will YOUR gift of $25.00 a month purchase over the next few months?
Another really great question.
I’ll tell you:
• Book Bag
• Spiral Notebook
• Glue (in bottle)
• Glue Stick
• Pack of Pencils
• Pack of Pens
• Bottle of Hand sanitizer
• Pack of Colored Pencils
• Pencil Sharpener
• Pack of Loose Leaf Notebook Paper
• 2 Pocket Folders
• Pack of Index Cards
• Pencil Holder
• Other Snacks
But, wait! That is NOT all. Your gift of $25.00 a month for the next few months will also provide the following for several wonderful children:
• Mile Wide Smiles
• Heart of Gratitude
• Motivation for tomorrow
• Encouragement for today
• Hope for a bright future, because “someone” cared
• Pride in a job well done
• Eagerness to use awesome supplies
• Pure Delight each time they unzip the bag and remove the supplies
• Courage as they realize that even though they aren’t certain about tomorrow, today looks very clear
• Enthusiasm for others as pure joy is spread all around
• Awareness to a child that may otherwise overlook those that are even less fortunate than he/she is
Don’t you want to have a HUGE part in THOSE gifts? I sure do. Help us reach our goal of 500 back packs filled with back to school items, snacks and HOPE! Give HERE – safely, securely and with pride, regardless of the amount!
It’s not the size of the gift…but the size of the heart!
do what you can… that’s all!
Giving a monetary gift is just ONE way you can make a huge impact in the hearts and lives of 500 children. Here are a few other ideas to help you make a difference for some awesome kids.
1. Facebook this page.
2. Tweet this page, and often. Even DM your closest followers asking them to give what they can.
3. Email this page to friends/family etc asking them to “like” us and give what they can.
4. Start a collection of supplies if you are in the Charlotte Metro area. Get your entire company involved.
5. Start a gift card collection if you are OUTSIDE the Charlotte Metro area.
6. Tell your readers about this drive by writing an article and linking to this page.
Also, any amount can be mailed to our PO Box
Spreading JOY Corporation
PO Box 1771
Denver NC 28037
Thank you for your heart for others, for your heart for spreading joy and for how you are choosing to make a difference, where you are – with what you have. Thank you for giving hope and a hand UP to OUR future!
** We are going to try and have a wonderful hot dog meal with chips, drinks and dessert for the kids and have them come to lunch to pick up their book bags. If you are in the Charlotte Metro Area and would like to help out, please email me for more details. If you would like to help assemble the book bags, we will need help with that as well. **
We are an IRS Approved Non-Profit and all gifts will be properly receipted for your tax purposes