I’ve been thinking lately on all the lessons that I’ve learned this year and here is a quick list of 30 things that I’ve learned.
I have learned:
- Time together is a priceless gift
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and those that truly love you will always see the beauty
- Laughter and joy are contagious and we as a society need to do more of it on purpose
- Changes usually end up for the best, even though the process is difficult sometimes
- Pain is pain and it all hurts
- Sometimes a phone call softens the horrid blows life throws at you
- Just because something didn’t turn out the way we expected doesn’t mean we failed
- Today is most important as tomorrow may never come
- The pain, struggles and issues of today help to prepare me for tomorrow
- Sometimes all you can do is cry
- Yesterday can create a wiser today which creates a brighter tomorrow
- That no matter how hard I try sometimes, that “it” just isn’t going to happen…and it’s ok
- That there is beauty in brokenness
- To focus on facts instead of feelings, because feelings can be and often are incorrect
- Those that push us away need us the most
- The legacy you leave is your choice
- That even though your heart is in a million pieces that you can still love greater than you ever imagined
- Unconditional love is such a gift
- That sometimes there is just no understanding…that’s just the way it is
- That even if it’s a good thing, it might not be good for you
- Not to let the bad times steal the joy of the moment
- That there will always be “something” going on, but more importantly the Lord is always by my side
- Not to let the shallowness and criticism of others define who I am and what I do
- That no matter how bad it gets, it will always work out for good….always
- That spreading joy without expectation of anything in return has a far greater return than anyone can imagine
- Anything that isn’t finished today, usually waits until tomorrow and it’s ok
- That when I can’t even speak that uttering a simple prayer of “Lord, help me” can bring waves of grace and peace
- That there is always hope
- That I’m not going to please people, so I’m just going to focus on pleasing the Lord
- That doing a little is better than doing nothing at all
Even though this is a mixture of good and bad…it’s truth, it’s real and authentic.
What have you learned through life’s lessons?
I hope that you’ll leave them below in the comment section and encourage those that will read this after you.
© 2013, Spreading Joy. All rights reserved.