In this weeks’s edition of Thankful Thursday I’d like to share some of my favorite things that I’m thankful for. After all – we all do enjoy our favorite things – so why not express our thanks for them.
1. Coffee – ok, so that was on the last list, but it is so versatile. You can drink it hot, cold, dressed up with whipped cream and steamed milk or just plain black. YUUM
2. Krispy Kreme – HOT doughnuts, is there really any better brand?
3. Sun rises over the ocean – Anytime I’m at the beach, I get up early enough to watch the sun rise. It creeping up over the horizon in a blanket of bright bold colors is such an experience. You should try it.
4. The ocean all by itself – I could sit and watch the ocean time and time again. I’d love to have a house where I could go out on the back deck and enjoy my coffee and just watch the ocean.
5. Spring and Fall – It is spring for a few more weeks here in NC. I love the crisp cool mornings that warm up to almost summer like days. Doors open, windows open – cool wind coming through.
6. My Gameboy SP – I know with the modern technology out there – why would I still love this? I guess it is the kid in me. Anyone have any games they don’t want anymore? I rule Kirby’s Pinball!
7. Magazines – Even with how I keep up with blogs to save money on buying books, I do ask for magazine subscriptions for birthday presents and Christmas presents. Hey, it’s the gift that gives for a year. I love Real Simple and Scrapbook Magazines. I’m not very good at scrapbooking so I’m also thankful that scraplifting is ok.
8. Cook Books – I used to try one or two new recipes a week, but lately I haven’t been doing that. I need to get back to it.
9. Driving – I like to drive. Many tend to hate long trips, but I love driving. Now I don’t like bumper to bumper traffic mind you.
10. Giving – Call me obsessed, but I like to give. I was at the store and they had Easter candy on sale for 75% off. I was thinking about who to give the bunnies to – to see about how many I’d need. I love giving. I always have. Hopefully, I always will.
11. Snow – we actually had a bit here in NC this winter – so that was pretty cool.
12. Laptop – I LOVE my laptop. I’d like one of the 8 inch itty bittys but – hours being cut back means no for now – still. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my laptop.
13. Candles – Cinnamon candles are my favorite. Kind of gives you the feeling of Christmas time.
14. Reading – I’m so thankful for being able to read. I love reading. I love to read blogs, books, papers. I love reading.
15. Cool Computer Buttons/Icons – The Thankful Thursday button picture above is adorable. So many blogs have them these days and I think they are wonderful. Still can’t figure out how to make one, but I’m thankful that people will let us untechy people “grab” them. I just wish someone would make a button with “It’s the little things that make life big” on it for me. That would be awesome.
This is my list for this Thankful Thursday. What are you thankful for this week? Don’t wait until Thanksgiving to think about your blessings. Take a minute and express them here!
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~William Arthur Ward
© 2009, Spreading Joy. All rights reserved.