We know that Christmas is a special time for so many. We also know it’s a painful time for those who have lost a dear loved one recently. We also know many people dread it simply because they cannot give their families what they would love to.
My heart thinks about all those families that were affected by major flooding in West Virginia, Louisiana and North Carolina.
If you remember, we went to West Virginia with 2 truck loads of help and the devastation we encountered was heart breaking.
As part of our Annual Christmas Joy Event this year, we want to include the Children of West Virginia. We want to remind them that others haven’t forgotten even though the media has moved on. We want to fill hearts with Christmas Cheer and hopefully remove some of the overwhelming sadness and possibly dread they are experiencing.
As we prepare to help the children here and there, we’d love for you to partner with us. Donations are low this year and anything will be a tremendous help.
We are going to bring the children (and parents) in and feed them, have them write notes to the children in West Virginia that will be receiving the gifts and do some crafts and such with them. They will receive gifts themselves, as well as shop in our candy store.
Please keep in mind this year that we have zero paid employees, so your donation does’t go to a salary. The Mr. and I make donations to keep the administrative needs covered, so your donation doesn’t go to that either.
Many people are concerned with their donations at Christmas and rightly so.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Make a financial donation – Every donation is huge here! Click the paypal button or mail it to us! The info for both of those are in our side bar at the top!
- Send stickers – The children will be writing letters to encourage children who have lost everything! Please send all kinds of stickers! Christmas, love, smileys! Any kind!
- Send $10 McDonald’s or Wal-Mart Gift Cards – We have several older children and these will be a wonderful gift for them.
- Please consider sharing this page daily! Share on facebook, share on twitter, share with friends individually!
- Ask others to get involved with a personal email. Point out to them that their donation doesn’t support a salary, it supports families in need.
- Consider donating items that children would love. Maybe you own a store, or shop that has items these children would love.
- Come volunteer with us. We’d love to have you!
Imagine having your child having lost every favorite toy they had. Imagine starting all over. Imagine wondering where the gifts will come from.
Can you imagine?
Thank you for Spreading Joy with us!
Thank you in advance for your gift!
Thanks for using your voice! It’s a powerful thing!
Thanks for Spreading Christmas Joy with us!
© 2016, Spreading Joy. All rights reserved.