Kindness, such a gift in our hurry up and be done world isn’t it? Kindness is so rare these days it’s often misunderstood as something else.
Sometimes people think kindness is a sign of weakness, but it’s nothing more than… kindness.
Sometimes people think kindness is flirting when in reality the person is actually being…wait for it… KIND.
In a world where people are always looking out for the best deal and the most they can get, kindness is a rare gift.
This next week let me challenge you to take some time to simply be kind. Seriously – try it! You’ll be surprised.
Ways to be Kind:
- Be kind to the person checking you out at the grocery store. Long lines are not their fault
- Be kind to your server when your food is delivered wrong. They didn’t do it.
- Be kind to your spouse when they didn’t do things as expected.
- Be kind to your child when they try, but didn’t do as well as you thought they should
- Be kind to those in traffic around you. Leave a little early if you get grumpy like me in heavy traffic. (Yes… very very grumpy)
- Be kind at work when you’ve done something 10 times and they ask you to change it again. (Not even kidding, this JUST happened and I had to shake my head)
- Be kind to the elderly in the store. Ask if you can help them to their car. Get the door for them. Show some respect! They paved the way for us today
- Be kind to your neighbor. Sure you wish they wouldn’t cut grass at 6 am on a Saturday morning. Get up and bake them some muffins.
- Be kind to those behind you in line. If someone has 1 item, let them go ahead of you
- Be kind to those in the drive through behind you. Purchase a little something for them and use THIS card to give to the person taking the money.
- Be kind to the environment. Recycle, reuse and use those crafty talents to make something out of nothing. If you are like me and have ZERO crafty talents…recycle.
- Be kind to your Small Group, Sunday School Class or other Christian Group setting. Give some extra cards this week. Extra hugs are good too. Show some extra kindness to them.
- Be kind to your Pastor. Ok, this should be monthly…yes! MONTHLY. No reason the Man of God in your world shouldn’t hear that you appreciate him monthly. And his wife. Go…right now and do it.
- Be kind to others in need. Yes, so many are in need. Will you do something for them? We are starting to collect donations for #Back2School and $10 or $20 would be HUGE to a child that doesn’t have the proper school supplies. That is a whole other Blog Article but seriously – – won’t you take a moment and donate a little kindness to those in need. We have NO PAID employees here at Spreading Joy. All Volunteers. So your donations go to help others in need.
I’d love to hear about your week of Spreading Joy by being kind. Will you take ONE minute and share below how you impacted your world with a little extra kindness?
That would be mighty KIND of you.
Thanks for Spreading Joy! Thanks for being kind! You matter…. even when you don’t feel like it, you do! Kindness Matters. One tiny act of joy is like a mountain of Kindness to the hurting heart!
Did you miss the first week? Here it is. Week 1 – Little Things Matter
Want more ideas on Spreading Joy Each day of the year? Get our book and have fun Spreading Joy & Making a Difference. Spreading Joy Daily
© 2015 – 2016, Spreading Joy. All rights reserved.