Spreading Joy comes from the desire to make a difference. I simply want to spend the majority of my day doing for others. I love to see people smile. I love hearing laughter of children and I truly love the JOY of Christmas – where everyone is focused on the one thing we should be focused on all year long….OTHERS!
Doing things every day that will bring a smile to someone’s face is the best feeling you could ever have. Why do you think shows like Extreme Home Makeover, and Oprah’s Big give are so extremely popular? They are actually doing what so many of us would love to be able to do. They are giving BIG, they are doing HUGE great things for others! For the brief segment of the show, we are feeling only a portion of what they are feeling – the joy of giving and doing for others in a great way.
Spreading Joy Corporation’s desire is to remind you that anyone in any financial situation can make a difference everyday. It doesn’t require a lot of money, it only requires a desire and some dedication. Are you ready to make a difference? Are you ready to try? Visit the Spreading Joy Corporation home site to find out about the 30 day challenge as well as some low cost/no cost ideas for Spreading Joy. Making a difference daily is as easy as simply being dedicated to doing so.
This blog will keep you updated on our Non Profit Organization application status from the IRS. Currently they have assigned all applications received by March 2008 to an agent for review/approval. SJC’s was submitted in May 2008.
There will be posts that are designed to encourage, challenge and motivate you. It will be a reminder that even though prices continue to rise and discouragement seems to be looming around every corner, that there is still joy in giving. Giving is the ultimate way of getting joy. It will remind you that “There is no joy like Spreading Joy!”
Cup of Joy
Grab your cup and take another sip as you enjoy these encouraging things.
Before you speak, listen.
Before you write, think.
Before you spend, earn.
Before you invest, investigate.
Before you criticize, wait.
Before you pray, forgive.
Before you quit, try.
Before you retire, save.
Before you die, give.
TEN RULES FOR A HAPPY DAY!
1. TODAY I WILL NOT STRIKE BACK…if someone is rude, if someone is impatient, if someone is unkind, I will not respond in a like manner.
2. TODAY I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS MY ‘ENEMY’…If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will quietly ask God to bless that individual. I understand “enemy” could be a family member, neighbor, co-worker or stranger.
3. TODAY I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY…I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do not spread gossip.
4. TODAY I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE…I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.
5. TODAY I WILL FORGIVE…I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.
6. TODAY I WILL DO SOMETHING NICE FOR SOMEONE, BUT I WILL DO IT IN SECRET…I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another.
7. TODAY I WILL TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WISH TO BE TREATED…I will practice the golden rule. “Do Unto others as I would have them do unto me”- with EVERYONE I encounter.
8. TODAY I WILL RAISE THE SPIRITS OF SOMEONE WHO IS DISCOURAGED…My smile, my words, my expression of support, can make the difference to someone who is wrestling with life.
9. TODAY I WILL NURTURE MY BODY…I will eat less… I will eat only healthy foods. I will thank God for my body.
10. TODAY I WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY…I will spend a little more time in prayer today. I will begin reading something spiritual or inspirational; I will find a quiet place (at some point during this day) and listen to God’s voice.
Check out how this young man is Spreading Joy!
© 2008, Spreading Joy. All rights reserved.