Anyone that truly knows me, knows I love twitter. I love the reach it has given me, I love the friends that I’ve made (yes, I said friends and yes…I do love them) and I love the encouragement that I receive there daily. I love it.
I am on all the other Social Networks and you can use those buttons over on the sidebar to hit me up there, but if you really want to interact with me online, it will be better via twitter. If you Tweet me, I’ll always reply….at some point.
So, what does a Non-Techy gal use to get the most from Twitter? I’m glad you asked. I’ll share with you my favorite Twitter Helps. These are in random order with the exception of the first one!
By the way, when you are experimenting with various Twitter helps, may I suggest that you try them for a few weeks and not just for a few days. Tweet out questions about what you are using if you are just not getting the hang of it. There are many people that will help you by answering your questions.
- TweetDeck – This is a Twitter must! You can have your @’s your dm’s and several columns all on ONE screen. No flipping back and forth! When you are starting out, this is an easy way to categorize people into groups that appeal to you. You can shorten links right from this page, send pictures, videos and even send posts Facebook, LinkedIn and others.
You can RT and even see the RT’s done from the web. I hope that one day Twitter will fix that…but for now, TweetDeck allows me to tell those people that RT from the web thank you. If I were to only use the web, I would never know they Re-Tweeted one of my posts.
You need to check out the various things TweetDeck can do. I have it on my itouch and I also use it on Google Chrome. The real time update is amazing (no refreshing screens) when I’m participating in various Twitter chats or my absolute favorite… the Online LIVE Worship Service on Twitter… #Tworship. (Click the link to see how to participate with us each week night.) I love the automation feature – I can schedule the songs and Invite people to JOYn us. You can setup your lists to be individual columns and move them around as you see fit. The larger your twitter account gets, you’ll appreciate this easy way to keep up with your friends.
The only negative thing for me with TweetDeck is that the larger my following gets, the more it will slow things down as it pulls the tweets for my columns. It is actually better than it use to be, so I can tell improvements are being made. If I were limited to one way to participate on Twitter only…it would be with TweetDeck.
Also, I can’t seem to get it to schedule to my facebook, but will keep working at that. Problem solved! It seems to be working. One of my favorite IT Heroes says “You have a PICNIC problem – Problem In Chair, Not In Computer” and usually, he is correct. Tweetdeck is the way to go.
- UberSocial – I have a Blackberry and this is the best app I’ve seen. This makes Tweeting on the go super easy peasy. I need that. I love that I can follow people, block people, RT and add in my own comments. I can DM and even Reply All if I’m tweeted in a group. I love the Uberbar! I have several people that are “Tabs” at the top that I can easily pull up their Tweets for the day and RT out what I love. There are so many more functions to UberSocial! Check it out for yourself! I’m glad to see there is an UberSocial for the iPhone and Droid!
- HootSuite – I love that I can schedule my #nuggetsofJOY to my Twitter account as well as my Facebook and LinkedIn accounts. It has a shortner and is very easy to use.
- SocialOomph – Many features that I love like scheduling, replying and you can tie your blog here. I don’t, but you can. It is very user friendly.
- iTwitter – I don’t know if that is the proper name or not, but I love using this one on my iTouch. It’s from iTunes, easy to navigate, reply, RT. Love all the features.
- Seesmic - Much Like TweetDeck
- Twello – yellow pages of Twitter
- Twitter Counter – lets you see your growth at a glance & some cool buttons
- Nutshell Mail – Cool way to track groups, lists & is delivered to your inbox on your schedule
- TweetReach – To see the impact of your tweet OR if you use the web, see who has RT’d you and say thank you
- paper.li – This is an amazing app that collects “links” through the day and puts in a News Paper Format. I have 3 of them and I subscribe to them all so that I can go back and read at my leisure each night. The Spreading Joy Daily, The Praying Peeps Daily and the Praying Peeps2 Daily. The SJ daily collects links from those I follow and usually has about 200 articles or ore. The PP daily collects links from ONLY those on my 2 lists. Awesome stuff!!
This is just a drop in the bucket compared to the things that you can find on Google or Goodsearch. Remember, when you Goodsearch – good search for spreading joy and they will make a donation to us!
To save you some time, here are a few links to a few pages that have hundreds of Twitter helps.
Ministry and Social Media working together? You betcha! and it works well. The gals over at @StickyJesus will help you – stickyJesus.com exists to equip you, the Christ follower, to confidently live out your faith in the digital world. We’re here to infuse biblical perspective and daily inspiration into your online time. We’ll help you grow your technical know-how so you can share the sticky love of Jesus Christ with others. We’re teaching, listening, and collaborating with a fired-up community of digital scribes about culture, social media, and the kind of relationship building that will outlive cyberspace. Are you in?
Over 275 items here - http://www.squidoo.com/twitterapps
Here are some CUTE & FREE Twitter “Follow Me” Icon Buttons
Also – Do you know Twitter has limits? Yes, they do. Check them out here.
I do have an extra account on twitter, just incase anything were to happen – feel free to follow over there too. @jailedJOY I don’t use it much – but sometimes it’s necessary and sometimes, I just “play” there.
One last thing and probably the most important of all!!!
HAVE FUN…plain and simple.
What do you think?
What are your favorite Twitter Apps?
Talk to me….I want to know!
***I’m hoping for an iPhone for Christmas and would love to know what your favorite twitter app is***