What is Christmas JOY 2015?
Glad you asked! It’s our annual event where we bring Moms and Children in for a Christmas party! We allow the moms to shop for presents for their children, allow the children to play games, have crafts and to shop for free at our GINORMOUS Candy store. Yep – C A N D Y store! Usually about 40-50 different candies are theirs for the taking.
All for FREE.
The kids will make thank you cards, and hear the Christmas Story and the moms will receive some encouragement all before choosing and wrapping the gifts they will give to their children on Christmas morning.
When you look at the faces of these kids, you’d think they were receiving PURE Gold! But they are getting love, joy, hot dogs, spaghetti, drinks, dessert and lots of hugs!
Oh yeah, I hug every single one of them. I’m not even kidding about that.
These toys aren’t expensive toys. They are toys that have been donated by people with generous hearts like YOURS!
You are making this possible and I want to say in advance thank you! We need toys, because without these toys, there really wouldn’t be much of an event now would there?
How can you help us get the toys you ask? Wow… thank you for that!
1. You can click the Paypal donate button in the top right corner up there and donate safely and securely and since we are an IRS Approved Non Profit, your donation is tax deductible as allowed by the law. You should know, there are no employees at Spreading Joy. We are all volunteers! Yep, including me, Marie the founder. Your donation will not fund an extravagant salary…..nope, not at all. It will go right back into spreading joy to others!
2. You can Mail a check and avoid paypal fees – Mail to Spreading Joy PO box 1771 Denver NC 28037 and again 100% of it will go toward others! And thank you in Advance!
3. You can shop online at Walmart.com and ship for FREE to our local store! Yep! Don’t you love technology? Our walmart is located at 7131 NC-73, Denver, NC 28037 – please include my name – Marie Wikle as the person that will Pick up. To make all the gifts even, we keep the costs around $10 each. and thank you in advance for this too!
These kids may never get the chance to hug or thank you personally but you should know that your kindness will impact their hearts for a LIFETIME!
How else can you help this year? Wow…aren’t you in the Christmas Spirit this year? I’m sooo glad you asked!
Here are a few other ways you can help!
- Collect Toys or Gift Cards – Ask your company, your church, your small group, Sunday School or family to help you collect toys and/or gift cards! Even if you only collect 10 toys, that will go a long way to help! NO amount is too small! (If your organization decides to help in this way, please let me know so that I can list you in our thank you/follow up post.)
- Donate National Gift Cards – Wal-mart, McDonalds Etc – We can use these as gifts for the older kids as well as shop with them if necessary
- Share this Page – Share this page DAILY on twitter and often on your other Social Media Platforms! You never ever EVER know who is looking for a way to make a difference! S H A R E this page DAILY! Please!
- Purchase Toys and send to us – yes the shipping may be a bit more, but I know the JOY of purchasing toys for kids that need the help. You can even send $10 McDonald or Walmart gift cards to help save with the cost of shipping. Every single one helps! (PO Box 1771 Denver NC 28037) I know…I’m repeating myself.
- Email and Ask – Send a link to this page in an email challenging everyone you know to give at least $5 or $10 towards the Christmas Needs of Children. Get your child to mail in a buck or 2 and I’ll send them a card and photo after the event so they can keep it.
- Get your Children Involved – Teaching kids to give to children less fortunate will enable them to be adults that give. Have the ask family members to help with giving. Adults will love helping kids that help other kids!
- Help with Our Candy Store – We want to be able to provide the kids a time of “shopping” in a huge candy store. We had 40 different candies they were able to get last year and need to do the same this year.
- Come and Volunteer – We will need people to help set up, to manage “areas”, to help wrap, to pick up food, clean up and crowd control. If you are in the area we would love for you to come and experience this event! You will LOVE it!
Kids are only kids once.
Will you JOYn me and trying to make sure that we can invite as many kids as we possibly can this year? We had 70 last year and would love to have 100 this year.
That means we need at least 500 gifts. That’s a HUGE undertaking for such a small Non Profit but hey, it’s Christmas. Right?
Thank you in advance for your gift!
Thank you in advance for asking others to give!
Thank you in advance for sharing this daily!
Thank you in advance for doing what you can!
Thank you in advance for volunteering!
Thank you in advance for you using your voice! It’s powerful. You tend to forget that… don’t forget it truly is more powerful than you realize.
Have fun making Christmas Joy happen for these kids!
Don’t miss a single encouraging article!
Subscribe to Spreading Joy by Email: