Anyone that truly knows me, knows I love twitter. I love the reach it has given me, I love the friends that I’ve made (yes, I said friends and yes…I do love them) and I love the encouragement that I receive there daily. I love it.
I am on all the other Social Networks and you can use those buttons over on the sidebar to hit me up there, but if you really want to interact with me online, it will be better via twitter. If you Tweet me, I’ll always reply….at some point.
So, what does a Non-Techy gal use to get the most from Twitter? I’m glad you asked. 🙂 I’ll share with you my favorite Twitter Helps. These are in random order.
By the way, when you are experimenting with various Twitter helps, may I suggest that you try them for a few weeks and not just for a few days. Tweet out questions about what you are using if you are just not getting the hang of it. There are many people that will help you by answering your questions.
1. Lists in Twitter – Start making “lists” now. It can be titled anything. You can put your favorite tweeters in a group to make sure you never miss a single update.
2. Tweetdeck – a Twitter Client that helps organize everything on One Screen
TweetDeck – This is a Twitter must! You can have your @’s your dm’s and several columns all on ONE screen. No flipping back and forth! When you are starting out, this is an easy way to categorize people into groups that appeal to you. You can shorten links right from this page, send pictures, videos. You can RT and edit tweets to add in your thoughts and comments.
It is available from a normal browser or you can download. I also have it on Google Chrome.
You need to check out the various things TweetDeck can do. The real time update is amazing (no refreshing screens) when I’m participating in various Twitter chats or my absolute favorite… the Online LIVE Worship Service on Twitter… #Tworship. (Click the link to see how to participate with us each week night.) I love the automation feature – I can schedule the songs and Invite people to JOYn us. You can setup your lists in columns as well as your favorite twitter chats to be individual columns and move them around as you see fit. The larger your twitter account gets, you’ll appreciate this easy way to keep up with your friends. Robyn from @RobynsWorld on twitter created a HOW TO that shows how to set various columns, lists and hashtag chats in Tweetdeck.
Here are a few other places that help with scheduling, organization and such.
- HootSuite – this is just like tweetdeck, with the exception you can link up your other Twitter accounts and when you post, you can have it go to all of your Social Media accounts at once, including Facebook and Linkedin. If you are using the free version, you can’t add in Google+ but the free version is sufficient enough to cover your other accounts.
- SocialOomph – Many features that I love like scheduling, replying and you can tie your blog here. I don’t, but you can. It is very user friendly.
- Buffer – free version allows you to send out 10 posts a day.
Apps – there are so many apps for Twitter that do many different things. Try various “free” versions, and if you like it – see if the paid version is even better. – What apps do you use for Twitter?
4. Need to easily find followers for your group or business? Here are some Free Resources for you:
5. Have fun connecting with others
- Seesmic – Much Like TweetDeck
- Twello – yellow pages of Twitter
- Twitter Counter – lets you see your growth at a glance & some cool buttons
- Nutshell Mail – Cool way to track groups, lists & is delivered to your inbox on your schedule
- TweetReach – To see the impact of your tweet OR if you use the web, see who has RT’d you and say thank you
- paper.li – This is an amazing app that collects “links” through the day and puts in a News Paper Format. I have 3 of them and I subscribe to them all so that I can go back and read at my leisure each night. The Spreading Joy Daily, The Praying Peeps Daily and the Praying Peeps2 Daily. The SJ daily collects links from those I follow and usually has about 200 articles or ore. The PP daily collects links from ONLY those on my 2 lists. Awesome stuff!!
Ministry and Social Media working together? You betcha! and it works well. The gals over at @StickyJesus will help you – stickyJesus.com exists to equip you, the Christ follower, to confidently live out your faith in the digital world. We’re here to infuse biblical perspective and daily inspiration into your online time. We’ll help you grow your technical know-how so you can share the sticky love of Jesus Christ with others. We’re teaching, listening, and collaborating with a fired-up community of digital scribes about culture, social media, and the kind of relationship building that will outlive cyberspace. Are you in?
Here is the best introduction to twitter that I’ve seen in a while! – Intro to Twitter Thanks @partyaficionado
Here is the best list of helps to Grow your Twitter Account – 24 Effective Tips to Grow Your Twitter Following Fast – Thanks Adam @adamjayc
To save you some time, here are a few links to a few pages that have hundreds of Twitter helps.
Free twitter tools – https://blog.bufferapp.com/free-twitter-tools
Over 275 items here – http://www.squidoo.com/twitterapps
Here are some CUTE & FREE Twitter “Follow Me” Icon Buttons
Also – Do you know Twitter has limits? Yes, they do. Check them out here.
I do have an extra account on twitter, just in case anything were to happen – feel free to follow over there too. @jailedJOY I don’t use it much – but sometimes it’s necessary and sometimes, I just “play” there.
One last thing and probably the most important of all!!!
HAVE FUN…plain and simple.
What do you think?
What are your favorite Twitter Apps?
Talk to me….I want to know!