10 Basic Social Media Tips:
- When leaving a comment on a blog, make sure you leave your @twitter name so if the owner wants to reach out to you, they can easily do so. This will also help to grow your account with people that are willing to interact with you.
- Find a #hashtag that works with your brand and use it.
- View Social Media as building relationships and be courteous. Don’t use it to air out dirty laundry or attack others. There are some great friendships that can be formed when you use Social Media properly.
- Many people focus on the numbers – focus on engagement. You don’t have to follow everyone back, but engage (as much as possible) those that ReTweet and converse with you.
- Platforms: Use what you love. If you don’t love it, don’t use it & don’t worry over it. It’s just that easy. Don’t over complicate things. What works for me may not work for you and vice-versa.
- Everyone has their own opinions about “when” you should tweet/post – Post when it’s convenient for you.
- To Automate or Not – - This reminds me of the “mommy wars” – do what works for you. Simple isn’t it? Don’t get caught up in what is right or wrong, or feeling bad because you do automate. As long as you try to always reply with a thank you and remember to “engage” your community, automation isn’t a bad thing.
- Just because someone claims to be an expert, they may not be. Do your homework and check out their experience. If they tell you they can help you have 10,000 twitter followers and they only have 937, then you know they have no clue what they are doing.
- Find your voice on Social Media and ENJOY it! When it becomes stressful or a headache, consider stepping back and taking a break for a bit.
- Have FUN!
There are a bazillion, million-trillion Social Media tips out there, but if you follow these 10 basic principles, you’ll have a better handle on Social Media than most.
Now…your chance to sound off:
What tips would you add?
Do you have a published article about this? PLEASE leave it in the comments below and encourage everyone who reads this post.
Don’t miss a single encouraging article!
Subscribe to Spreading Joy by Email: