Thankfulness…such a simple thing really.
Thankfulness may be a simple thing, but it’s huge!
So, why are we ungrateful?
We focus on what we don’t have, may never obtain and can’t do and then a heart of ingratitude swells within us. We stay focused on every single negative thing that comes our way and not once do we give thought to the many things we have to be thankful for. We let discouragement, depression and discontentment take over and rule our world. We forget to remove the blinders of “issues” so that we can truly focus on the great things around us.
The end of the year is a time of reflection for many and with the Thanksgiving Season many will take a personal inventory of their blessings. Can I encourage you to think about being thankful daily?
Being thankful all year round can help with so many things.
- Bring smiles through tears
- Remind us daily just how great our world is
- Remind others of just how great their world is
- Lift others up when they are down
- Empower our hearts to do more for others because we are grateful for all we have
- Inspire others to do more for others because they will see “it’s not so bad after all”
- Show amazing beauty in rainy days
- Highlight the extraordinary in the ordinary
- Make millionaires out of the poorest individual
- Break the stone cold heart
- Melt down the strongest wall
And many many more things!
I challenge you to look for and find the extraordinary in the ordinary.
I challenge you to daily or weekly post somewhere what you are thankful for, not just at Thanksgiving.
I challenge you to write your own thankfulness post and share a link below to encourage others to do the same.
I already have my GINORMOUS list of little things that make my life huge – but I’ll share some things here: (in no particular order, cause I’m Random like that)
- Family that loves, prays for and is there for me no matter what
- Friends there that care, and the smiles between customers and vendors that occur each day
- Music that inspires my heart, encourages my mind and brings great smiles
- Fireballs, Reese’s Cups, m&m’s and all the memories of Penny Candy that this generation will pay soooo much more for than I did when I was a kid
- Being able to place a phone call and say “pray” and KNOW beyond doubt that it will be covered
- Laughter for no reason in particular
- Weekend DVR/Netflix marathons
How about you? Will you share some of your ordinary JOYs?
Challenge to YOU:
Will you blog an article about ordinary JOY and share here so that those who stop by and read this can easily hop over to your place and receive more encouragement?
Will you share here to remind someone’s heart that is burdened down with care to see that there are great JOYs all around them to be thankful for?
Will you share here, simply because you are thankful?
I’m grateful for those who are willing to share and encourage others.
Have fun Spreading Joy because you matter!
Don’t miss a single encouraging article!
Subscribe to Spreading Joy by Email:
© 2014, Spreading Joy. All rights reserved.