Graduation Day is one of the most fun, emotional days you’ll love experiencing! You’ve worked hard in school for 13 years or in College for 4, 6 or even more years. You’ve made goals and met some, fell short on some and even exceeded your own expectations in others.
You Are a Graduate!
Time to enjoy life! Enjoy all the pleasures of adulthood. Time to… wait!!!!
Don’t get so wrapped up in the future that you step right over the amazing little things in life that have the greatest impact!
Enjoy these little things in life that are actually HUGE:
1. Take time to enjoy today! – Yes, I wish for the weekend, I wish for vacation but I also take time to enjoy the right here and right now of today. It’s a gift and we’ll never get it back.
2. Surround yourself with positive things! – Negative things abound and usually cover up anything that is positive. Seek out the positive, surround yourself with positive things, verses and/or people. This is something small that makes a huge difference when times get tough…and trust me, times will get tough.
3. Take time to enjoy the moment! – I love taking photos. I love getting family together for our photos because they will smile but they will also be crazy and I love that. I love taking photos of vacation and other places I’m visiting but sometimes, I just love the journey. Sometimes when walking on the beach I leave my camera off. Sometimes when exploring a new place, I don’t take photos at all, I just enjoy the moment.
4. Stop and smell the roses! – Seriously, when is the last time that you stopped on your way into doing your grocery shopping and instead of walking by the flowers, you stopped and smelled a few? Do you know what else you could do? You could pick up a small bouquet and purchase them and then give them to a sweet little lady as you walk out the door or take them to one of your neighbors. Flowers are amazing!
5. Show gratitude daily! – This little thing will take you such a long way and while many feel that it is not worth the effort, that is precisely why it IS worth the effort! Be thankful, show gratitude and appreciation.
6. Enjoy time with friends and family! – Your schedule is getting full and the hopes and dreams that you’ve been working on all of these years are finally coming true. Make time with friends and family to just enjoy their company! They’ve been there for you and they will keep being there for you. Spend time being wrapped up in them.
7. Stay faithful and remain focused on your Heavenly Father! – What if your dreams and plans don’t come true. What if your journey is going down a road you didn’t choose? What if…. My kids know that I despise playing the “what if” game. I don’t do it. Stay focused on your Father and not what you think are failures. Everything that happens now…right now, is preparing you for something that you’ll face in the future. Keep Romans 8:28 close to your heart! Keep focused on God’s Promises for your life. Don’t lose faith by losing touch with the Lord.
These are just a few of the things that make life big! What would you add? What little things make life big for you?
You can get these items for the Graduates, Mom’s or Dad’s in your world to encourage them and reminding them of the little things in life!
God’s little Instruction Book for Graduates (Just 6.99):
Bible Verses to Encourage (as of Right now these are half off and are only $5):
Here are a few other Devotionals I purchase from Family Christian…and yes, all were on sale!
Blessings of Heaven – (Various Authors)
Whispers of Hope by Beth Moore
What gifts do you give to encourage others?
Do you send cards? Write letters?
What are the little things in your life that make life big?
Thanks to Family Christian for providing the Devotional and an Appreciation certificate so that I could purchase some gifts for the Grads in my world in exchange for this encouraging article. All JOYful opinions are completely my own and I was not required to give a positive review.
You can see all of their sale items here.
Follow them on Twitter – @FamilyChristian
Keep up with them via Instagram
Don’t miss a single encouraging article!
Subscribe to Spreading Joy by Email:
© 2015, Spreading Joy. All rights reserved.