Sometimes you may feel like David, crying out in the wilderness.
Issue after issue, time after time and regardless what the day brings or how hard you try, sometimes there is just no stopping the tears.
Disappointment, discouragement and frustrations seem to pile up and heap up like a giant mountain.
Just as David did in the Psalms, you cry out “WHEN Lord?? When?”
Wave after wave of hurt comes through and you wonder how you’ll make it. You wonder if the next blow will be the one to knock you out or not. You continue to search through the Psalms wondering….When Lord…when.
May I remind you (and myself) that we will make it through “this” – whatever this is right now?
Repeat after me:
GOD is all powerful, all knowing and loves me more than life itself
God shows us miracle after miracle in the Bible…so I have to remember that HE is the same today, yesterday and forever!
When Trouble finds me – I will remember….
- The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all. Psalm 34:17-19
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
- As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than you ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:9
- My soul is weary with sorrow, strengthen me according to your word. Psalm 119:28
- Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him – James 1:2-5
When trouble finds you, where do you turn?
A prayer for you –
Lord, thank you that when we are where we don’t want to be, experiencing what wouldn’t choose to experience and dealing with things that we would never consider dealing with that you are our stronghold, our refuge and strength through everything! We trust you Lord, we Love you Lord. In Jesus Name Amen
What do you do? What verses do you hide closest to your heart or do you search the scriptures filling your heart with verse after verse of God’s promises?
JOYn the conversation by leaving your thoughts below.
Make a difference and encourage others by sharing on your favorite social networking site.
If you have a link to an article that relates to this one, I invite you to leave it below so that it can easily encourage others.
Have fun spreading joy!
Don’t miss a single encouraging article!
Subscribe to Spreading Joy by Email:
© 2014, Spreading Joy. All rights reserved.