I love this time of year. The cooler weather here in the south, the anticipation of Christmas and the kindness that goes along with it. There are those that struggle with this time of year. Depression sucks the life and joy right out of them.
So many people tell me they feel like they are not making a difference in this world. They are discouraged, down and I understand it. Completely.
We need to see more good things flooding our hearts, we need to share more about those that are making a difference, and we need to promote positivity with all the negativity that surrounds us. Don’t wait on the News Media to do it for you! We need to do this ourselves.
I challenge you to do ONE thing a day to make a difference.
At the end of the year 365 lives will be impacted thanks to you. 3 6 5!
It doesn’t have to be what is on this list. This list is just a means to get your brain moving in the right direction.
#spreadingJOY Tip: Use Instagram to show how you are impacting this world. It’s like a microblogging tool for you. You can easily see 9 photos at a time on your home page and be encouraged by the difference you are making!
I’d love to be able to flood Social Media with what you are doing too. Share it with me directly on twitter @spreadingJOY , using the hashtag #spreadingJOY on twitter or Instagram, or on our Facebook Page
I cannot wait to share how you are making a difference! Here are 30 ways to touch hearts and lives this month!
- Card of Appreciation Custodial Worker for Appreciation Day – this could be huge for someone
- Thank a Veteran – keep some pre-written thank you cards in your vehicle and when you see someone parked in the Veteran parking, or a Military sticker on their car, you can easily leave a card for them.
- Positive Feed Back about your waitress, cashier etc – Managers usually only hear the negative. Trust me when I say this is HUGE
- Send Encouraging Text – I mean you are sending texts anyway. Send several. Take a screen shot and tag them #spreadingJOYdaily on twitter or instagram
- Leave a sticky note of kindness for several people – This is so much fun! On car windows, desks, computer screens. Mirrors in restrooms. I cannot wait to see your photos of this!
- Give a blessing bag to homeless (or someone in need) – use Gallon size bags or even purses (or other bags you no longer use) for the ladies
- Make a $5 donation to spreading-joy.org – Seriously, Christmas is right around the corner and we need your help.
- Stuffed animals for Seniors – collect what you can from friends and families and take them to your nearest Rest Home/Senior Care Center
- Cards/treat for first responders – This is super easy and great fun!
- Snail Mail to nieces/nephews – What child doesn’t like mail?
- Pass along a book (or 3) – Got a stack of books you’ve read? Devotionals you are done with?
- Cook extra & give to older neighbor – Making lasagna, soup or anything? Double it and give it away
- Purchase coffee for person behind you – or fast food meal etc. Endless possibilities here
- Pick up trash in park or your road – weather is cooling down, take a stroll down your road or closest park and clean it up some
- Send a card telling someone WHY you appreciate them – When is the last time you did this? Honestly we should pick one or two people a month and do this.
- Rake leaves for neighbors – such a huge help
- Give donuts/cupcakes to homeless – You know where they are in your city. Take it to them. If you live in a more rural area, take some to a local school for the teachers.
- Share info about pets needing adoption – You never know who is looking to adopt. Share the info on Facebook about your local shelter.
- Thank an officer – Be a positive force today
- Tip Extra (especially at breakfast) – This is huge for those that serve during breakfast hours.
- Pay for Someone’s Groceries (or give a gift card) – if you aren’t sure of how much they will spend, just give a random person a gift card. Or a single mom, or a family that is struggling.
- Put notes inside of books at store or library – LOVE this. Do it….it’s great fun.
- Leave some dollars on items at $ store – Put a sticky on the dollar bills and say something like “To YOU from ME…enjoy”
- Leave a note in the pocket or on pillow (mirror) for someone you love – When they find it their day will be even better
- Send a care package to someone – Tons of ideas for this! Please post when you send one
- SMILE – give them away freely – A smile and a nod are amazing gifts when your heart is breaking.
- Print out inspirational posters & leave in random places – or if you are crafty, artsy – handletter it and hang it
- Give out FREE HUGS (yes, use a sign too) – we should set up a free hugs stand. Seriously, post those photos
- Make a homemade gift for someone – easy ideas to get you started
- Lend a helping hand. LOOK for opportunities to do so – so many ways to just help. Be available and looking for opportunities.
— Marie Wikle (@spreadingJOY) October 1, 2016
Let’s be a positive force!
Let’s make a difference daily!
Let’s flood Social Media with good things!
Let’s BE the Difference we are seeking
Have Fun Spreading Joy and making a difference!
What are some ways you are making a difference this month? How are you getting your children involved.
© 2016, Spreading Joy. All rights reserved.