Spreading Joy Summer Project
Little Things Matter
Spreading Joy is dedicated to reminding you about the pure joy of giving! It’s not in how big, how much or handing out thousands of dollars, it’s about making a difference with the resources you already have. Now, if you have that thousand laying around, we’ll put it to great use to those in need.
This summer you’ll have many opportunities to make a difference and we want you to be aware of them and not miss a single one! We are starting a 4 week project to help you see the ways you can impact your corner of the world.
We are focusing on how Little Things Matter this week. I’m going to share some ideas with you here and hope that you’ll do the same in the comments below.
Little things you can do this week to make a difference:
- Give one rose to an elderly person (or any person for that matter)
- Tell someone you appreciate them using a song that reminds you of them – post it on facebook
- Send a good morning text (tweet or fb post) with sunshine, smiley face or something uplifting to someone you haven’t interacted with in a while.
- Leave your server the amount you’d tip your child if they were serving you at your local restaurant
- Purchase some stuffed animals from the dollar store and give out at a local nursing home
- Help Spreading Joy get a jump on #Back2school by donating $10 towards necessary school supplies for needy children
- Make a huge batch of cookies, brownies and cupcakes and take to your local Fire Department & Police Station
- Buy a pack of sticky notes and draw a smile on every single sheet! Leave them on the driver side window of cars as you walk by. Do this everywhere you go until the sheets run out. The KIDS will LOVE doing this. Get them some bright colors!
- As you are spring cleaning take your items to a local shelter that will GIVE them away instead of reselling them.
- Take your magazines to a nursing home or even Hospital Emergency room waiting area. Don’t forget to tear off your address info.
- Plan for #ChristimasJOY and purchase a $10 Gift card to donate to Spreading Joy for the teens for Christmas.
- Get some photos developed and proudly display or send to your adult kids, because you know they aren’t going to get them printed off
- Going to the beach? Park or other place outdoors? Take a rolling cooler of ice cold water and just pass out to those having fun
- Why wait until Christmas to send a card? Write a few notes of appreciation. Have your kids draw/color and do the same.
Needing more ideas? Get our book with DAILY ideas – Spreading Joy Daily
Anyone can do this! You can do 2 a day or several of these every day this week.
Will you do me a favor? Please? (actually a few favors?)
- Comment below and let me know you are participating. Leave your @twittername so I can interact with you there and @Instagram name too.
- Share on all of your Social Media outlets and get others involved. Personally invite them to participate and get their kids to participate. Get YOUR kids to participate! We need to raise little givers. The world will be a much nicer place with all of us Spreading some Joy
- When you share HOW You are spreading joy, hashtag it with #spreadingJOY and I’ll share so we can all encourage each other.
- Share in the comments below some ideas you can do this week or ideas that YOU actually did and the results! I’d love to hear them and feature them in upcoming posts!
- Don’t Stress about how… just do. Remember…the Little things matter!
Now, let’s go Spread some Joy this Summer!
— Marie Wikle (@spreadingJOY) May 29, 2015
© 2015 – 2016, Spreading Joy. All rights reserved.